ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: N. Tornberg silversmith  (läst 865 gånger)

2008-06-16, 06:16
läst 865 gånger

Utloggad Patricia Bozman

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 19
  • Senast inloggad: 2009-03-14, 18:04
    • Visa profil
I have a silver spoon which family history says is a funeral spoon.It has engraved on the back the initials of family ancestors for six generations. It has a townmark which I cannot read, the three crowns, the name N. Tornberg and K3, which I think means it was made in 1840. Does anyone know anything about this silversmith? Does anyone know where there is a photographic list of townmarks? I am very certain that this spoon would have been made in Ostergotland, possibly in or near Linkoping. Thank you!

2008-06-16, 07:02
Svar #1

Utloggad Chris Bingefors

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 11832
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-28, 15:20
    • Visa profil
Nils Tornberg was a master silver smith born 1758 in Landskrona and a master in Linköping (Östergötland), he died in 1821. He was also a town councellor. Your spoon with a K3 is actually made in 1816. He was married to Maria Magdalena Dahl, who was the daughter of silver smith Nils Dahl, whose workshop they took over. She ran the business 1821-22 when she died.

2008-06-16, 15:52
Svar #2

Utloggad Arne Thornberg

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 155
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-12-09, 09:33
    • Visa profil
At the following Internet-address you can see the building where Nils Tornberg lived and
had his (work)shop: http://www.kulturarvostergotland.se/hus/sto38.htm

This building nowadays has a central place in the fantastic outdoor museum of Old Linköping.

/Arne Thornberg (distant relative with quite some data regarding the old T[h]ornbergs)

2008-06-16, 16:57
Svar #3

Utloggad Patricia Bozman

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 19
  • Senast inloggad: 2009-03-14, 18:04
    • Visa profil
Wow, thank you both for your quick reply!  I am always amazed at the information that is available on this board.  If I ever visit Linkoping I will be sure to visit the building where Tornberg worked.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna