ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Microfilm vs fiche in research need feed back  (läst 324 gånger)

1999-10-17, 14:50
läst 324 gånger

CPeterson

All of my grandparents on both sides of my family emigrated from Sweden to USA between 1880 and 1891.  I've looked up some information on about 5 microfilms at the Mormon Church history center and it has been very helpful. However I know that fiche are also available through SVAR or the Swenson Center in Illinois, USA.  Can anyone give me some feedback on the pros and cons of using either microfilm or fiche for the research.  I am interested in doing both straight line and complete family descendants research.  Clyde D Peterson

1999-10-18, 09:18
Svar #1

Utloggad Bo Skoglund

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 118
  • Senast inloggad: 2020-11-15, 10:12
    • Visa profil
My first attempt in family research was with a microfilm, luckily I found the interesting part in the beginning of the roll. It was a relief when the films were converted to microfiche because they are easier to handle and have about the same readability. In both cases you must anyway have access to some kind of reading equipment. Most of the archives are converted to microfiche and the church books are your starting point.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna