ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: I have two questions  (läst 336 gånger)

2005-05-02, 01:45
läst 336 gånger

Nancy Jaderen

On a birth record why would they just put the initials and last name of the mother?

The reason I am asking this is that i am trying to find more information on the parents of Nils Fredrik Forsberg,born 11 Sept 1809 in Fellingsbro,Örebro.On the birth record I found his parents to be Nils Forsberg and A.M.Bäckström.
The father,I believe,was born in 1758 in Fellingsbro but I have nothing on the mother,birthdate or place of birth.
  I would like some help on finding more information on the parents,but also,why just initials. Thank you.
  Nancy Jaderen

2005-05-02, 07:31
Svar #1

Utloggad Örjan Bohlin

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 161
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-08-04, 07:11
    • Visa profil
    • home.swipnet.se/bohlin/
Why only the initials of the mother has been given I do not know, but I belive that it won't be hard to find her anyway...

If you just look up this family in the book of parish catechetical meeting (husförhörslängd) for Fellingsbro you will probably find her complete name as well as the date of her birth and wedding.

Also the book of weddings from Fellingsbro might tell you from where she originates (provided that they there marriged at that parish), otherwise the book of parish catechetical meeting might give you a hint from where she comes...

Good luck!

2005-05-02, 15:42
Svar #2

Utloggad Christina Skagerborg

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 661
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-01-27, 16:37
    • Visa profil
Hello Nancy,

Since there wasn't too many names around in the old days the initials could many times be understood, for instance A.M. would quite possibly be Anna Maria. Locally certain names were often more frequent than others which could also give you an idea.

Christina

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna