ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: How to write this??  (läst 574 gånger)

2005-05-29, 17:48
läst 574 gånger

Utloggad Karen Kelsey

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 354
  • Senast inloggad: 2010-11-29, 20:15
    • Visa profil
I will be traveling to Sweden and Denmark this August, but I do not know where to ask about this problem.  Please direct me to the correct site.
   We are bringing our adult children with us so that we can all see where our ancestors came from.  One of my sons is allergic to fish (shell fish and fish) - his throat closes and he cannot breathe.  We know people in Sweden who can help us write out a card that we will present at restaurants that tell about this problem.  However, we do not know how to make out a card in Danish that will explain his allergy.  Can someone help me with this??  He is so allergic to all fish and shell fish that if a person uses the same oil to cook chicken as they used to cook fish, he reacts and cannot breathe!  He also reacted once when they used the same utensil to dish up a hamberger that they had just used to dish up fish.  So that is why I need some guidance.
    I thank you in advance for this strange request.

2005-05-29, 18:44
Svar #1

Utloggad Ulla Lundell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 2345
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-15, 10:30
    • Visa profil
Hello Karen

I saw your letter and I understand your problem very well I am allergic my self. A Swede has no major problems to read danish and I don?t think that  Dane shall have any problem to read Swedish. A person in Sweden who is about 50 years and younger can speak english and I think it is the same with a Dane.

I wish you and your famliy the best
Ulla Lundell

2005-05-30, 08:51
Svar #2

Utloggad Ann-Mari Bäckman

• Fd. laboratorieassistent
  • Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 11887
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-07-22, 16:40
    • Visa profil
Dear Karen,

I agree with Ulla, but I think you absolutely need a card who tells how important it is that nothing is allowed to get into touch with fish.

To be real sure, I should use a Danish card too, if I were you.

Have a pleasant journey,

Ann-Mari Bäckman
Ann-Mari Bäckman

2005-05-31, 09:10
Svar #3

Utloggad Olle Andersson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1081
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-03-22, 19:32
    • Visa profil
Karen!

I will send the mail to a collegue in Denmark - lets see if he can help with a suitable text..

Regards,

Olle

2005-05-31, 16:05
Svar #4

Utloggad Jacob Hejmdal Gren

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 521
  • Senast inloggad: 2017-02-19, 23:23
    • Visa profil
Hi Karen!

I'm a Dane so I should be able to help you!

I agree with Ulla that most Danes would understand the text in both English and Swedish - but of course it's better to play it safe. So bringing a card in Danish might be a good idea, just in case...

Since Olle's contact might be working on a text already I suggest that you write me an email personally if you don't receive anything from him.

Since you know your son's situation better than I do it would probably be better if you put together a small text which I then could translate. That'll give the best outcome I think.
Otherwise use this:

Min søn er allergisk for fisk og skaldyr.
Selv køkkenredskaber og madolie, der har været i kontakt med fisk kan fremprovokere et anfald.
(My son is allergic to fish and shellfish. Even utensils and cooking oil that has been in contact with fish may provoke an attack.)

2005-06-04, 17:59
Svar #5

Kristina Brown

Dear Karen,
I'm sure that you have thought of this - due to your son's allergic reaction to fish - but thought that I would mention it any way. I work in a school Health dept and we have many many students with severe life threatening food/latex allergies. I would suggest that you have your Doctor write up the care plan for your son along with medication orders, for the Epi pen and Benadryl. When you go through customs you may need them. We have found that it is better to be prepared for an allergic reaction by carrying the Epipen, Benadryl and Doctors orders with you at all times. If a reaction does occur you will have the information from your Doctor to hand over the medical personel.  

Wishing you and your family a safe and great trip!  
Kristina

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna