ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Gustav Valfrid Holt GID _scb Värmland :725  (läst 665 gånger)

2006-08-17, 19:17
läst 665 gånger

Patricia Carlson Killoran

I found the birth record but now cannot quite understand it and do not know where to go from here.  Father Hult (Holt) Nils ??? age 56 ??
mother Andersdotter Karolina ????? age 37
After Nils it looks like Grafarb?  Is that a place or part of his name?
After Karolina is Längh??? Is this a place name.
all I know about the family from here is that they had 2 children born in Nors, Värmland Gustav Erhart b. 11 Aug 1902 and Anne Marie b. 26 Oct 1903. the rest of their children were born in the US.  Thanks for any help. Pat

2006-08-17, 19:59
Svar #1

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Hi Patricia,

The GID number is a lot more than :725. Find your record again and look up on the top right hand corner where it says GID. That is the number. Make sure you get the entire number because part of the ending seems to hide a bit. (Select all and then copy.)

The next step would be to go to the husförhörslängd (clerical survey, household examination record) to see who else lived in the household besides the baby and the parents, but first let's get the full GID number so we can help interpret this record.

I'd try to find this GID number for you but that is impossible without a parish name and a birthdate.

I wonder if grafarb is gravarbetare (grafarbetare) = grave worker, but somehow that seems less likely than grufarbetare (gruvarbetare) = mine worker.

Here is a maybe from the 1890 Swedish Census. Was Gustaf Valfrid born in the right parish and year?

http://www.svar.ra.se    (subscription site)

Homeparish:  Fernebo (Färnebo)
Residence:  Horrsjöhyttan  
County:  Värmland  
Page:  72    
Row:  8  

Fam. nr 1

Nils Olsson Hult, b. 1829 in Fernebo, Gr.arb.  
wife Karolina Andersdotter, b. 1843 in Gåsborn Verml  
Karl Fredrik, b. 1875 in Fernebo  
Katarina Augusta, b. 1878 in Fernebo  
Gustaf Valfrid, b. 1881 in Fernebo  
Axel Erhard, b. 1885 in Fernebo  

Judy

2006-08-17, 20:13
Svar #2

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
The Rosenberg CD (only in Swedish) lists a couple locations starting with L in Färnebo parish. Could one of those be your Längh? The second one is a by = village. I'm not quite sure what the first one is.

Långban. Insjö i Fernebo sn af Ö. Vermland, 1 mil lång med ringa bredd. 717 fot ö. h. På v. stranden ligga de rika Långbans jerngrufvor, hvilka upptogos redan på 1400-talet. Äfven silfvermalm har brutits här. Hästjernbanor förbinda sjön (hvars aflopp går till Svartelfven) med sjön Yngen i s., der jernvägsnätet vidtager.

Långbanshyttan. By i Fernebo sn och hd, Vermlands län, vid nämda sjö Långban och dess grufvor. Garfveri tax. 400 kr., qvarn 7,000 kr., masugn 60,000 kr., bessemerverk 80,000 kr., tobaksfabrik 8,000 kr. Från härvarande skjutsstation befordras till Elfsjöhyttan 1,9 mil och Yngshyttan 1 mil. Poststation. De berömda ingeniörerna John Ericsson och (frih.) Nils Ericson föddes här.

Judy

2006-08-17, 20:58
Svar #3

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
Judy, the first item from Rosenberg is a description of a lake close by Långbanshyttan, which used to be a mining village. So your guess that Nils Olsson Hult was a grufarbetare is more than probably correct.

The place from 1890 called Horrsjön is close to Långbanshyttan.

When we get the correct GID I will look it up and see what it says, as this is an area that I am fairly familiar with.

2006-08-17, 21:44
Svar #4

I am so sorry about that.  I knew that about the GID.  Dummy me.  100017.40.50100 Värmland.
the info on Nils Olsson Hult is the person that I want. Thanks Judy and Elisabeth. i still would like to know what the birth records says.    Pat

2006-08-17, 23:45
Svar #5

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
It just says that Gustaf Walfrid was born 1881 March 18, son of Nils Hult, grufarbet[are] (miner), age 56, and his wife Karolina Andersd[otte]r, age 37, and then the place where they lived: Långbans Grufv[a] = Långban Mine, which is in Färnebo parish.

Gustaf Walfrid is child #8 and his parents are properly married. The parson who christened him was called K. A. Fred?n.

That is all the information in this birth record.

2006-08-18, 01:39
Svar #6

Thank you Elisabeth, the occupation was what I really wanted and the place.  i will go on now to Färnebo.  Pat

2006-08-18, 01:52
Svar #7

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Tack så mycket, Elisabeth, for your explanation of the entry from Rosenberg.

Pat, here is the widowed father in the 1900 Swedish Census.

Homeparish:  Fernebo  
Residence:  Horrsjöhyttan  
Page:  47    
Row:  48    

Fam. nr 1

Widower Nils Olsson Hult, b. 1829 in Fernebo, Gruf. arb.  
d. Maria, b. 1870 in Fernebo  
s. Axel Erhard, b. 1885 in Fernebo  

Here is your Gustaf Valfrid.

Homeparish:  Kroppa  
Residence:  Nykroppa Bruks arbetare: Lunden  
Page:  50    
Row:  16    

Fam. nr 1

Gustaf Walfrid Hult, b. 1881 in Fernebo, Lös f. Släggare  

From Emibas, made from registrations in the Swedish parish to go to a foreign country:

Post 783611

Hult, Gustaf Valfrid
Fabriksarbetare (unmarried man)

b. 3/18/1881 in Färnebo, Värmlands län (Värmland)

Emigrated 5/1/1903
from Forshaga, Grava, Värmlands län (Värmland)
to Nordamerika

0101903009 - Bilaga/ytterligare information finns. Kontakta Emigrantregistret i Karlstad

Source: Household Examination Roll, p. 145

Emibas migration file ID: Grava S 1903 009

From the Emihamn database of CD Emigranten, made from registrations with the Swedish port police before leaving Sweden:

First name: GUST WALFRID
Last name: HULT
Parish: GRAVA     County: S (Värmland)
Port: GÖTEBORG
Date: 1903 05 08 (May 8; registration date)
Destination: NEW YORK
Fellows: NEJ
Source: 73:75:4080

Judy

2006-08-18, 12:46
Svar #8

Judy, thank you for all of this.  Pretty much answers what I need for this family, at least where to go from here.  I have a lot of info about the family in America.  Will share what I have if anyone is interested.   Pat

2006-08-18, 15:42
Svar #9

Utloggad Åke Bjurström

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1191
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-25, 10:23
    • Visa profil

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna