ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: GID 2734.140.97800  (läst 930 gånger)

2007-08-14, 06:01
läst 930 gånger

Utloggad Art Berggreen

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 62
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-04-25, 02:16
    • Visa profil
Does somebody want to try to read the funeral entry #804 (bottom right)?

23., 28., 804., ? ? Hans Barrgrens ?? Helena Carl. Svedburg, ? ?, 42, ?

Thanks for any help,
Art

2007-08-14, 23:02
Svar #1

Klara Björkman

Art.
I have tried to read the funeral entry, and this is what I think. Helena Carl.(Carl must be a shortening, it is a male name)Svedberg died dec.23, was buried dec.28. 804 is the ordinal number. The two words before his name is his profession, can?t read the first word, but the second is ålderman, in my dictionary = (guild)master, alderman. Hans Barrgrens hustru = wife. Behind her name is written af mannen = by the husband, I think it means he was the chief mourner. Her age was 42, cause of death slag = stroke. I hope this will help You a little, perhaps some else can translate it better? Best regards Klara.

2007-08-15, 02:21
Svar #2

Utloggad Art Berggreen

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Klara,

Many thanks for your efforts!  Carl. has to be shorthand for her middle name, Charlotta.  Could the first word be kammakare (comb maker)?  Hans was master of the comb maker's guild, and I've seen the title of ålderman for him elsewhere.  Thanks for the cause of death.

Art

2007-08-15, 21:16
Svar #3

Utloggad Ingela Martenius

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1489
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-10-25, 18:20
    • Visa profil
Carl. is either short for her second given name or short for her patronymic (in which case her father's name was Carl). Some clerics liked to write the full name - first name, patronymic, family name - though this was more seldom the case in cities, so presumably it is her second given name.

Slag - stroke, doesn't necessarily mean what we mean today. Slag was any sudden, otherwise inexplicable death. You can see infants no more than two weeks old that are dead from slag.

... af mannen probably means that he was the one who paid for the funeral. A very important detail since the parish sometimes had to pay (pauper's funeral).

Ingela

2007-08-18, 18:43
Svar #4

Utloggad Art Berggreen

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
I doubt that Carl. is short for a patronymic.  Her father's name was apparently Lorentz Svedberg.

And thank you for the additional information on Slag.

Art

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna