ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: GID 2728.80.89900  (läst 828 gånger)

2007-08-19, 01:07
läst 828 gånger

Utloggad Art Berggreen

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 62
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-04-25, 02:16
    • Visa profil
Is there any hope in trying to read this image?  It looks like the original microfilm exposure was out of focus.  I'm trying to find the bann entry for Nils Svedberg and Anna Fernstrom.

Art

2007-08-19, 06:10
Svar #1

Bo Johansson

I suspect it is not banns, but a perhaps a moving certificate that he had handed in when he moved in to the parish. At least other papers in this volume are definitely moving certificates. See for example page 14, 24, 34.

But it looks like the moving certificates are folded inside the stamped banns paper, so the first page of the banns for Nils Svedberg and Anna(?) Fä-?? is GID 2728.80.89800, then his moving-in paper is next in the book, and no moving-in paper for her, so perhaps she was from the parish.

// Bo Johansson

2007-08-19, 18:00
Svar #2

Utloggad Art Berggreen

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 62
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-04-25, 02:16
    • Visa profil
Ok, thanks!  I'm new at this and still learning.  Would the moving certificate give the parish he came from?  I wonder if the original LDS microfilm is out of focus, or just the scanned image.  I'll have to go and start using the closest Family History Center. The Nils Svedberg I'm looking for was married to Anna Fernstrom.  Wasn't it common for marriages to take place in the bride's parish?

Art

2007-08-19, 20:33
Svar #3

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
Hi Art, yes, it was the custom to have the marriage in the bride's home parish. Unless if she had started working and had moved away, then it took place in the parish where she was then recorded.

2007-08-20, 06:19
Svar #4

Bo Johansson

Perhaps his paper is not a moving certificate, but just a free-to-marry certificate. Perhaps he did not intend to move to her parish, but she would move to his?

The paper sems to have ben signed by ??? Waldin, ??? at Clara(?).

So perhaps Nils Svedberg is from Klara parish?

From the middle of line 2 to line 5 the certificate might read: ...wänligen lämnat det betyg att han uppfört sig anständigt och ??? och utan hinder till ägtenskap. Stockholm d 8 Maij 1798(?).

...with courtesy handed in the certificate that he has conducted himself respectably and ??? and without obstacle to marriage. Stockholm the 8th May 1798(?).

// Bo Johansson

2007-08-20, 18:44
Svar #5

Utloggad Ingela Martenius

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1489
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-10-25, 18:20
    • Visa profil
The wedding was supposed to take place in the bride's home parish but was sometimes held in the bridegroom's parish. To accomplish this the bride simply moved in with the bridegroom before the wedding - the bridegroom's parish became also the bride's parish.

The bride could without fear of any social consequences move in with her bridegroom (and his family) after the trolovning (hand-fasting) but before the church wedding. This practice was not uncommon in the country up until the end of the 19th century (and beyond - the last vestiges of this custom didn't die until the trolovning finally lost its judicial meaning in 1973).

The move sometimes didn't take place until right before the wedding; the banns could have been read in the bride's original home parish but the wedding was in the bride's new parish.

Ingela

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna