ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Flyttningsbevis (Moving Certificate)  (läst 1900 gånger)

2007-04-11, 20:21
läst 1900 gånger

robert.goranson

I have seen discussion about subject in the past.  I thought I would submit an example of my own Flyttningsbevis (Moving Certificate).

This would be from my FarFarFar and FarFarMor.

As I understand it Bengta Olsdotter and Göran Persson are moving from Hörröd Parish to Huaröd Parish in 1874.  October 19, 1874 is when they received the Flyttningsbevis not when they actually moved.  Genline I believe shows them moving on October 24, 1874.

Can someone please translate the entire document?
I will send in two portions due to the size restraints.

Thanks in advance.
Bob

2007-04-11, 20:25
Svar #1

Robert Goranson

2007-04-12, 09:36
Svar #3

Bo Johansson

1. Certificate number 6 - Page 142 (of HFL) - Hörröd parish 1874.

2. Wife Bengta Olsdotter from number 12 Galteröd(??).

4. Born year 1850 (fifty) - 14 January (14/1).
5. in Hörröd parish - of Kristianstad(?) county.

6. In marriege with farmhand(?) Göran Persson of Dege-
7. berga(?), married - 12th (this?) Sept.

9. Has been vaccinated.

10. Reads in book: A.

11. Christian knowledge: Good.

12. Attended examinations: regularly.

13. Free to take the Lords Sacred Communion.

15. Civil reputation: Good.

19. Moved to Huaröd parish of (the same?) county.
20. before the tax registration here for the next year.

21. Certified Hörröd parish of (Kristianstad?) county
22. the 19th October 1874 (seventy-four)

(Signed)

The note at bottom left is from Huaröd parish, and tells you that she moved in to Huaröd number 8 at page 411 in the HFL, moving-in number 23(?).

// Bo Johansson

2007-04-12, 14:30
Svar #4

Robert Goranson

Bo and Judy,

As always, thanks.

Bob

2010-02-26, 00:45
Svar #5

Utloggad Jim Reilly

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 19
  • Senast inloggad: 2016-01-03, 20:44
    • Visa profil
I notice that Robert in the above discussion has provded an image of an actual individual detailed copy of the flyttningsbevis. I have an ancestor named August Malmstrom who left Grebo, Ostergotland, permanantly for America on August 26, 1881. Do all the parishes have such detailed copies as the one above and if so, what source can I obtain a copy from?

Jim

2010-02-26, 06:08
Svar #6

Utloggad Marianne Lindén

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1295
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-02-24, 19:56
    • Visa profil
Grebo BI:3 sid 41
Bondesonen August Fridolf Malmström Björntorp till obestämd ort troligen Amerika sida i husförhör 96.

Grebo AI:14 sid 96 (1881-1885)
Björntorp
Carl Fredrik Malmström born 1809 jun 07 Grebo
Christina Catarina Johansdotter born 1821 sept 15 Grebo
Carl Adolf born 1843 mars 12 Askeby
Hilma Charlotta born mars 23 Grebo (married Johan fredrik Samuelsson Skeda)
Otto Fredrik born 1858 mars 04
August Fredrik born 1859 aug 16

2010-02-26, 07:06
Svar #7

Utloggad Ingela Martenius

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1489
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-10-25, 18:20
    • Visa profil
Jim,

Many - though not all - flyttningsbevis are indeed preserved in the Swedish Archives. But you have to understand that it was only on the receiving end that the certificates were preserved - since there were no photocopiers in those days. This is how it worked:

Anders and Anna decide to move from their home parish A to another parish, B. They apply for a certificate from parish A. They are given their certificate (yes, the actual physical certificate; it is at the same time their domestic passport without which they couldn't move around in Sweden). Parish A makes a careful note in the migration ledger that a moving-out certificate has been issued to Anders and Anna. Anders and Anna - certificate in hand - move to parish B. The next day or so Anders and Anna go to the vicar of parish B and hand him the certificate. He makes a careful note of this in parish B's migration ledgers and files the certificate. So the certificate cannot be found in parish A but only in parish B.

(There is a variation to this: a year later Anders and Anna decide to move to parish C. When they apply in parish B for a certificate, the vicar takes out the old certificate from parish A, adds to it whatever is necessary - and the certificate from parish A isn't preserved in parish B but in parish C!)

Now apply this to emigrants: Anders and Anna wish to leave parish B and join Anna's brother in America. As good Swedish citizens they apply for a certificate. Parish B issues the certificate, makes a careful note in the ledgers - and hands over the certificate; everything just as usual. But, what happened to the certificate? Well, no one in America was the least bit interested in this piece of paper written in an obscure language.
So one of three things happened:  
1. They kept the important paper for a while but when they had truly understood that no one was interested in this paper, so vital in Sweden, they eventually threw it away.
2. They joined a Lutheran church with an understanding vicar. When Anders and Anna want to give him their all-important certificate he kindly accepts it - and one of two things happened: the vicar files it in an archive which is either still in the church or has been donated to the Swenson Center - or, after many years, the church clears out all the old worthless stuff in the basement and throws away genealogical goodies by the truck-load...ah, well...best not to think about it...
3. The certificate is kept, with old letters etc. from the old country, in a very special box which eventually is placed in the attic (because no one understands all those bits of paper but they were terribly important to great-grandfather, Andy) where, when the house is cleared out to be sold, the box is found by a. a genealogically interested great-great-grandchild who is over the moon or b. a great-great-grandchild who couldn't care less and the whole box is thrown away.

So if the migration certificate for the emigration has been preserved it is either in an American church archive, with relatives, in the attic or at the Swenson Center. But not in any archive in Sweden.

Ingela

2010-02-26, 20:11
Svar #8

Utloggad Thomas Vikander

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 297
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-06-11, 05:22
    • Visa profil
Ingela,
Beautifully written, these scenarios couldn't be better described !

2010-02-27, 02:59
Svar #9

Utloggad Ingela Martenius

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1489
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-10-25, 18:20
    • Visa profil
Thanks, Thomas! I find that these examples from bitter reality are usually easier to relate to than theories.

Ingela

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna