ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Eva Zimmer  (läst 1363 gånger)

2004-01-26, 08:51
läst 1363 gånger

Utloggad Eva Zimmer

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 4
  • Senast inloggad: Aldrig
    • Visa profil
I would like to obtain birth and death records for my father's (Oscar Johnson) sister, Ingeborg Magnusson (possibly Magnuson). Her last known address in December of 1974 was Flojtgatan 5, Karlstad S-65471, Sweden. She died approximately 1978 or 1979. What is the best way to proceed? I would appreciate any help.

2004-01-26, 10:03
Svar #1

Utloggad Stig Hansson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 2040
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-23, 12:38
    • Visa profil
Hello Eva
The information below is from the CD Sveriges Dödbok. It is not a birth or a death record but it gives you anyhow dates for her birth and death. 19000527-6449 is her personal or identity number which will facilitate any correspondence with Swedish authorities.
Stig

19000527-6449

Magnusson, Ingeborg Elisabet

Flöjtg 5
654 71  Karlstad

Död 16/4 1979.

Kyrkobokförd (1975) i Norrstrand, Karlstads kn, Värmlands län. Mantalsskriven (1975) på samma ort.

Född 27/5 1900 i Övre Ullerud (Värmlands län).

Änka (30/9 1955).
--------------
Födelseförsamling i källan:
ÖV ULLERUD (Värmlands län)

Källor:
SPAR 80, RTB 79

2004-01-26, 18:02
Svar #2

Utloggad Eva Zimmer

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
Stig,
Thank you so much for your quick reply. I have just started my search of Swedish ancestors so am not familiar with the procedures. I do not read or speak Swedish, only English. I live in the State of Missouri, U.S.

I started the search because, for some reason, our family wasn't clear as to where our father (Oscar Johnson) was born - in Sweden or United States. I have not found any record of his birth in the U.S. He had only one sister, Ingeborg. No brothers.

My grandfather was John Edward Johnson
Born: 1864
Place: Possibly Ovre, Varmland
Died: 1903
Now that I know his daughter Ingeborg was born in Ovre, I feel more certain that my grandfather and father were also.

My grandmother was Alma Christine Anderson
Born: 1863
Died: 1940
She married a Stefenson after death of my grandfather.

My father was Oscar Johnson (no middle initial)
Born: July 5, 1896
Place: Unknown  
Unknown exactly when he came to the U.S.
Died: January 5, 1972
Place: Junction City, Geary County, Kansas, U.S.

Questions:
What does Kyrkobokford (1975) i Norrstrand, Karlstads kn, Varmlands Ian. Mantalsskriven (1975) pa samma ort. refer to?

What does Anka (30/9 1955) refer to?

Also, what is Fodelseforsamling i kallan (I believe Varmlands Ian is the county).

What is Kallor: SPAR 80, RTB 79?

Your above information may include the proper authority and address for writing to get more information. If so, I apologize for asking for this information again.

Again, thank you for your information. I am looking forward to understanding more.

Eva

2004-01-26, 18:36
Svar #3

Utloggad Lena Thelin

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 5118
  • Senast inloggad: 2020-09-16, 22:02
    • Visa profil
    • www.arleco.nu/minslakt/sv
Hello Eva,

I found them in the census 1900

Homeparish: Öfre Ullerud
Homestead: Olsäter
Kontrakt: Kils
County: Värmland
Johan Edvard Jonnsson b. 1866 in Övre Ullerud, Tailer
wife
Alma Elisabeth Andersdotter b. 1868 in Östra Ämtervik
children
Oskar b. 1896 in Övre Ullerud
Ingeborg Elisabeth b. 1900 in Övre Ullerud

2004-01-26, 20:06
Svar #4

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Hi Eva,

Most of us (outside Sweden) weren't fluent in Swedish and most of us still aren't fluent in Swedish but it is very easy to get a lot of information out of the records. To a certain extent we have to dive in and either sink or swim or else we will be forever dependent upon others to do our research for us. Understandably, those people want to do their own research and can only provide limited amounts of help.

Luckily, there are some glossary sites online. Many are at the SweGGate website.

http://www.sweggate.com

Click on Dictionary on the home page and you will find a glossary page developed by the webmaster with links to more of his glossary pages and links to glossary pages developed by others.

Those glossary pages and a modern dictionary will be all you need, and if a word is still too tough, the Swedes will help. However, the more you do for yourself, the easier research will be for you. It is hard at first but it is very easy to learn the essential words and your confidence will grow. (Besides that, one Swede told me once that some of these words are obsolete and aren't even used in modern Sweden, so she had to learn them too.)

What does Anka (30/9 1955) refer to?

Änka (note the spelling!) means widow, so her husband died 30 September 1955 and therefore she was widowed on that date.  

Also, what is Fodelseforsamling i kallan (I believe Varmlands Ian is the county).

Födelseförsamling (birth parish) i källan (in the source. Ian is supposed to be län (L-Ä-N; not I-A-N) and län = county.

Källor = sources. I don't know what the sources SPAR 80, RTB 79 are.

What does Kyrkobokford (1975) i Norrstrand, Karlstads kn, Varmlands Ian.

Registered (1975) in Norrstrand, Karlstads kommun (municipality), Värmlands län (county)

Mantalsskriven (1975) pa samma ort. refer to?

Census writing (registration?) in the same place.

The SweGGate website describes how to make the extra Swedish letters, which follow z at the end of the alphabet. Those letters are å, ä, and ö and they are NOT equivalent to a and o.

Facts --> Language Guide --> Alphabet, etc.

You can learn more about what is available in the parish records (which are a major source of information) by checking this part of SweGGate.

Themes --> Church Records

Follow the FAQ directions from the Swenson Center site to learn how to find living relatives in Sweden.

http://www.augustana.edu/administration/SWENSON/genfaq/

Judy

2004-01-26, 22:02
Svar #5

Utloggad Eva Zimmer

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
Many, many thanks to you, Stig, Lena and Judy for your valuable information. You can only imagine how excited and grateful I am to get your responses. I will follow your advise, Judy and dive in! I had no idea, and am only beginning to learn the extent of information  available for those who are willing to dig it out!

Thanks again for the boost your responses have given to me.

Sincerely,
Eva

2004-01-27, 08:11
Svar #6

Utloggad Leif Samuelsson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 144
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-03-14, 17:06
    • Visa profil
Hi Eva,

Just a note about the town names mentioned here. The word övre (öfre in old spelling) means upper, and the word östra means east(ern).  So you can think of them as Upper Ullerud and East Ämtervik.

Cheers, Leif

2004-01-27, 10:06
Svar #7

Utloggad Hans Högman

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 520
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-07, 14:22
  • Hans Högman
    • Visa profil
    • www.hhogman.se/
About the source SPAR mentioned above:
SPAR means Svenska person- och adressregistret (The Swedish Person and Address Register) and is a public register which are daily updated with information obtained from the National Registration (Folkbokföringen) and contains information on all registered persons (folkbokförda) in Sweden. The owner of the SPAR register is the authority the SPAR Board (SPAR-nämnden).
See: http://www.infodata.sema.se/spar/
Hans Högman

2004-01-28, 05:27
Svar #8

Utloggad Eva Zimmer

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
Hans, thank you.
I will investigate this further. I have a cousin, Bo Magnusson (his mother was Ingeborg of Karlstad) whose last known address (15 April 1980) was Solhemsvagen 29, Deje, Sweden. He did not answer letters.

Many thanks,
Eva

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna