ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Church Accountings  (läst 546 gånger)

2007-04-12, 14:50
läst 546 gånger

Ramona Laffler

On Genline Church accounting, what are those records and do they have parishers names?

2007-04-12, 19:30
Svar #1

Bo Nordenfors (Nob)

Probably you are talking about Kyrkliga räkenskaper, i.e. bookkeeping!

2007-04-12, 21:39
Svar #2

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
I've seen a few of these records and yes, there are names telling who paid for things.  

There are four pages (pages 117-120) about these records in the 2002 edition of Cradled in Sweden. Most of those pages are scans of an example of such a record plus a transcription and a word list. This comes before that.

---------------------------------------------
Parish Accounts (Kyrkoräkenskapsbok)

When available, the parish accounts usually go back to the 1600s. They may contain detailed accounts of those who paid for the opening of a grave indicating a death, or who paid the bride's money  or gave a special donation at a christening. The donors were usually very close relatives and thus these accounts may supplement some missing parish registers....  
------------------------------------------------
I remember finding some useful information besides accounts in one of these books. I don't remember offhand which parish. There were baptism dates for some children, which was great to know because those birth/baptism books were missing for those years.  

Judy

2007-04-13, 04:11
Svar #3

Utloggad Ingela Martenius

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1489
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-10-25, 18:20
    • Visa profil
Also names of people paying fines for whoring which may come in useful when searching for the father of a child born out of wedlock.

Yes, church accounts may come in very handy at times. To quote Josephine Tey (The Daughter of Time): Truth isn't in accounts but in account books.

Ingela

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna