ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Carl W. Peterson  (läst 660 gånger)

1999-10-02, 05:35
läst 660 gånger

David

I am tring to locate information about my Great Grandfather Carl William Peterson, who was born in Linköping, Sweden. I don't know the name of the Parrish. His Father was Johannes Peterson and Mother Sara L Nelson. Any help with this would of course be very appreciated.  My E-Mail address is  printerpete@earthlink.net.
Tack

David Peterson

1999-10-02, 10:16
Svar #1

Christian Andersson

Hi David.

Who was Carl William Peterson? All you say is that he was born in Linköping Sweden! When was he born? Did he marry? To whom? Is he dead or still living? Are there any children? Did he emigrate? When? Where? America? Where in America? You give the name of his parents, did they emigrate as well?

If you exspect help to find him you have to give as detailed information as possible. Otherwise it is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Regards Christian Andersson

1999-10-03, 20:48
Svar #2

Utloggad Rolf Ström

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 175
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-09-04, 20:30
    • Visa profil
    • hem2.passagen.se/mrwalker/index.htm
Hi Christian,
When I read your contribution you seems to be angry. I guess you are not, but please write more carefully. Essentially you are right, it will help if we get as much detailed information as possible.
Warmest regards Rolf

1999-10-03, 21:51
Svar #3

Christian Andersson

Hi Rolf and David.

Of course I am not angry. What I am trying to say is only that it is much easier for us be helpful if we get relevant information. Otherwise I think many queries will be unnotified. And that is worse I think. So David, come back with additional information, I'm hoping that someone can give you the information you are looking for.

Regards Christian

2000-05-13, 19:14
Svar #4

Utloggad David Peterson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 107
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-06-15, 21:04
    • Visa profil
Rolf and Christian,
Well here I am again, and as you requeted I have more information about Carl W. Peterson that I had not previously had.
Here is all the information that I do have on Carl.
He was born in Linköping, Sweden 1842-14-01. That information was from his marriage certificate. His parents were  Johannes Peterson and Sara L. Nelson. He emmigrated to America in 1878. Although I am not certain, but I believe that he came here alone.  He applied for Citizenship and changed his first name to Charles. He met and married his wife Hilda C. Swanson in Illinois in 1879-05-02.I realize that Linköping is a large place and may still be like looking for a needle in a haystack, but it is all I have to go on.
I opologise for the previous post with such little information and hope that this will be enough for you to go on.

Tack

David Peterson

2000-05-13, 19:33
Svar #5

Utloggad Rolf Ström

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 175
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-09-04, 20:30
    • Visa profil
    • hem2.passagen.se/mrwalker/index.htm
That's very good David. The date of his birth and when he emigrated are very useful. I have not the Emigrant CD myself, but hope that those who have it can find anything about your ancestor Carl W Petersson. Otherwise you have to wait until I will visit the National Archives in July. Let us hope you will get an answer very soon in this  excellent place, Anbytarforum.
Regards  
Rolf

2000-05-15, 04:33
Svar #6

Utloggad David Peterson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 107
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-06-15, 21:04
    • Visa profil
Thanks Rolf  for those very kind words!!!!

2004-02-13, 20:33
Svar #7

David

My Name is David Peterson,
I have been trying for some time now to locate information on my Great Grandfather.

Here is all the information that I do have on Charles (Carl) or (Karl).  
He was born in Linköping, Sweden 1842-14-01. That information was from his marriage certificate. His parents were Johannes Peterson and Sara L. Nelson. He emmigrated to America in 1878. Although I am not certain, but I believe that he came here alone. He applied for Citizenship and changed his first name to Charles. He met and married his wife Hilda C. Swanson in Illinois in 1879-05-02.I realize that Linköping is a large place and may still be like looking for a needle in a haystack, but it is all I have to go on.  
I opologise for the previous post with such little information and hope that this will be enough for you to go on.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna