ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Bygdebok or Rural Chronicles?  (läst 367 gånger)

2001-11-30, 12:18
läst 367 gånger

Arne Mikkelsen

I would like to know if in Sweden they have a similar thing to Norway, Bygdebok or Rural Chronicles about different areas (lens or farms?).

I am trying to find information about my great grandparents who were from Bro or Kville.

Thank you.

Arne Mikkelsen
anp4749@sympatico.ca

2002-02-09, 18:26
Svar #1

Utloggad Ingemar Skarpås

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 194
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-06, 16:15
    • Visa profil
Yes! Normally there are some books made for almost all parishes or similar areas. Some may be old and in commemoration of a 400 anniversary of a church, or in nortehr part maybe 150 year old churches/parishes. Some are not even printed, they are only live on the web (or sort of). Bro is a very common name with more than a douzen hits in the Ortsnamn (name of places) databese. Kville is less common, and is found only in two laen (län); however I know that if the name is from a site smaller that a village (part of a village or the name of a farm) it may not be in database).

If you know more about which laen (län/county), if any of the names is a parish name, it would be easier to find some info. If I knew some things I would try the royal library database http://www.kb.se and try to find some published book.

Good hunting!

2002-02-09, 22:56
Svar #2

Utloggad Bertil Friberg

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 134
  • Senast inloggad: 2008-02-13, 21:07
    • Visa profil
The one Kville I know of is a coastal parish in Bohuslän Province south of Strömstad. On a map look for Hamburgsund which is the main place in Kville.
Regardsw

2003-03-30, 00:48
Svar #3

Arne Mikkelsen

Ingemar and Bertil

Thank you for your replies.  I apologize for not writing sooner.  I had been checking regularly for responses for a couple months and didn't see anything.  Then I started working on another project and lost track of my post here.  Since then, I have found that my great grandfather was born in Brastad. I believe his mother was there because her father was a soldier there (not born there).  My great grandmother and her family were from Kville.  

So I will try to find the parish records for Brastad and Kville.

Again, thank you both for your replies.

Arne Mikkelsen

2003-04-05, 12:40
Svar #4

Bo Johansson

Parish records for both Brastad and Kville can be found at http://www.slaktdata.org/en/reg

// Bo Johansson

2003-04-05, 14:45
Svar #5

Arne Mikkelsen

Bo

Tack. I have been to that site, the birth records there only start at 1860. I need older records, before 1850.  

Any suggestions where I might look? I had heard that the parrish records for Kville were lost by fire?

Are there older records for Brastad or Kville?

Again, many thanks

Arne Mikkelsen

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna