ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Bouppteckning och arvskifte - How soon after after death?  (läst 958 gånger)

2002-05-09, 06:01
läst 958 gånger

Ishbel Cormack

I have a relative who died in November 1879 in Ukna parish. How soon are the bouppteckning and arvskifte usually completed? Are these legal government records or are they church records?

2002-05-09, 09:34
Svar #1

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
The bouppteckning and arvskifte should be done within 6 months of the death.

They are legal records and are kept in the archive of the legal district (häradsrätt), which for Ukna is Norra Tjust. This is not microfilmed, but the original records would be kept at the Provincial archives (Landsarkivet) in Vadstena.

2002-05-09, 16:46
Svar #2

Ishbel Cormack

Elizabeth:My grandfather changed his surname when he arrived in the USA about 1878. Would these records use his new surname or his name at birth in Sweden?

Would these records usually tell when the inheritance was distributed to members of the family and when property was sold etc.?

I hope that the records for Nils Carlsson who died December 16,1879 will show that his son
Jonas August born May 15 1855,Ukna is the same person as Jonas August Landeen(Landin) born May 15, 1855 in Sweden.
 We have an old Swedish bible which we know belonged to Jonas August Nilsson, son of Nils Carlsson, Stjälkhammar. It was given to my cousin by our J.A. Landeen's daughter. I assume it belonged my grandfather J.A Landeen.
 The inscription in the bible matches the confirmation and communion records we have found about Nils Carlsson's son Jonas August. We need proof that these people are the same person. So far we have been unsuccessful finding any proof in USA.

Tack så mycket.Your help is much appreciated.

2003-04-23, 07:25
Svar #3

Utloggad Erik Andersson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 397
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-16, 13:07
    • Visa profil
    • www.pennapensel.se
Hi Ishbel!
I just noted your request for information regarding your grandfather and if he is the same person you have some data on. I suggest that you contact the church in Ukna and ask them for a copy of the bo-uppteckning after his father, Nils Carlsson,( the name may have been spelt Nils Karlsson in Sweden) as it was mandatory for the calling all heirs for the probate, which should show if he was known as Landin or as Landeen, that document is a legal document and should have been sent to the court by person that led the probate and the signature given as written by your grandfather would have been acceptable to the court, you may also ask if his father, Nils Carlsson had made out any will, in which you may have found his  Yankee name.
Was J.A. Landeen given his citizenship after he arrived in USA, then you may find that the census may have listed the year and the place of same.
Hope this will help you even thou it is late in coming.

2003-04-23, 09:27
Svar #4

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
Ishbel, as regards the info Erik gives above, the probates and connected papers are in the Provincial archives (Landsarkivet) at Vadstena, so it is no use to contact Ukna parish.

2003-04-24, 08:32
Svar #5

Ishbel Cormack

Elizabeth and Erik I have contacted Vadstena Archives and received Nils Carlsson's bouppteckning.It did confirm that Jonas August Nilsson and his older brother were in USA at the time but did not refer to them with their American names. I was given a copy of the first page but the rest was too fragile to read.

I have more recently received confirmation that J.A. Nilsson received his citizenship in 1900 and that he arrived in the USA in 1878. He signed his first citizenship application of intent in 1880 in Indiana State using the name August Landin.

The personn who helped me in Vadstena did not mention a will.Would it be in the same book as the boupptecking?

Thank you both for your messages.

2003-04-24, 09:53
Svar #6

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
Wills are not very common here, and I doubt that there is one for your Nils Carlsson.

Ishbel, could you e-mail me directly, as I have a suggestion for you?

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna