ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Beckfries Family  (läst 1155 gånger)

2001-02-24, 05:30
läst 1155 gånger

Kristina Brown

My ggggfather was the tailor to Count Corfitts Beckfries of Borringe. I would like information on the Beckfries family and any family information
on Jons Ahlquist who was the tailor.
Does anyone know if the Beckfries family are still in Borringe?

Thank you for your help.

Kristina

2002-02-09, 18:33
Svar #1

Utloggad Ingemar Skarpås

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 179
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-28, 15:29
    • Visa profil
I think the name is actually Bäck-Friis (Baeck-Friis) if I recall correct from way back 30 years when I lived in the Skåne (Skaane county); that family name is probably from one on the nobles of Sweden. I think that family or some part of the combined family name owned a castle/palace in the Skaane country-side.

2002-02-09, 23:15
Svar #2

Utloggad Bertil Friberg

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 134
  • Senast inloggad: 2008-02-13, 21:07
    • Visa profil
Kristina,
The right spelling is Beck-Friis. There are two nobility families. The Beck family known since 1493 in Denmark, then they settled in Skåne (Scania) Province c. 1600. They added the noble name of Friis (also Danes) when they inheritedthe main castle of that latter family. This family, No. 278 in the Swedish Nobility, is of a Baron status. The other family is of a Count status, No. 104 in the Swedish Nobility listing. They are interrelated. Corfitz is a typical name within both lines. Ir seems as if Börringekloster is the property of the Count line only.

2002-02-09, 23:41
Svar #3

Utloggad Ann Lindborg

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 34
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-10-11, 22:11
    • Visa profil
The family of Beck-Friis is still possess the Börringe Kloster(convent). Börringe Kloster was probably buildt at the end of the twelfth century
as a nunneryconvent. In 1745 Joachim Beck-Friis bought Börringe Kloster. Successor was his brother Corfitz Ludvig Beck-Friis who died 1798.
Ann Lindborg

2002-02-10, 10:32
Svar #4

Utloggad Bertil Friberg

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Kristina,
Just look for Börringekloster on the Internet, then you will see a picture and its story.
Regards

2002-02-11, 03:45
Svar #5

Kristina Brown

Tack så mycket!
I am happy to receive your posts! I have many questions for all of you. Do you know where the castle was and if it is still there. My great grandmother always told us that the family had worked in the castle and we thought that she ment Börringe Kloster. We have not been able to find our family names as workers in the Börringe kloster parish records. Some members of our family are burried in the cemetery next to the church in Börringe.

I look forward to learning more from you.

Tack
Kristina

2002-02-12, 13:39
Svar #6

Utloggad Bertil Friberg

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Kristina,
As I stated, you?ll easily find Börringekloster on the Internet. It is still very nicely kept up - as all castles in Skåne. For Swedish circumstances it a large farm with c. 1400 acres and the main buildings owned by Mrs Eva Ramel and c. 2,250 acres owned by another person, Magnus Ericsson. It is situated close to Malmö. There was a convent there in the 12th century. The present main building was built in 1763.
Regards

2002-02-18, 05:52
Svar #7

Utloggad Marianne Ljunggren

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 59
  • Senast inloggad: 2008-09-06, 18:19
    • Visa profil
Thank you for your help. I did look on the internet for Börringekloster and found that it is now an inn that people may stay at. Do I have the correct internet site?  
If any one has any further information I would greatly appreciate it.

Kind Regards, Kristina

2002-02-18, 23:58
Svar #8

Utloggad Ann Lindborg

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 34
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-10-11, 22:11
    • Visa profil
Kristina!
You can try the swedish site Skånska slott och herresäten.se Maybe someone can translate it for you?
Regards, Ann

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna