ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Arendatoren - What/who is ?  (läst 817 gånger)

2010-06-20, 03:14
läst 817 gånger

Utloggad Carolyn Eccles

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 115
  • Senast inloggad: 2017-10-30, 18:46
    • Visa profil
What/who is an Arendatoren?

Second question is
Älvsered C:1 p.9  
24 Apr 1717 Oluf of Hultet den(the) antidelundiga dotter.  
I think I have the Antidelundiga spelled correctly. Could someone tranlate that word for me. This is a death record.
Thanks for help
Carolyn  
California USA

2010-06-20, 08:18
Svar #1

Carl Szabad

1) An arrendator is renting (not owning) a farm.

2) It says den alltid eländiga which means always ill or always in a bad condition.

2010-06-21, 00:40
Svar #2

Utloggad Ingela Martenius

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1489
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-10-25, 18:20
    • Visa profil
The meaning of arrendator (arrendatoren is just the tenant) depends on what time period we are talking about.

The usual term for a tenant farmer before about 1830-50 was åbo or if it was not a farm but a very small place, a croft, it was torpare.
If you see the term arrendator before this time it refers to another social class; it was not a farmer but someone who rented e.g. premises for a factory. It could mean renting a farm, but the renter was then of the gentry (ståndsperson).

After about 1830-50, however, the term arrendator was used for farmers and replaced the old-fashioned åbo (but not torpare, which was still used).

To be absolutely sure about what the vicar meant in a houshold examination book, one needs to check several entries and compare them since the vicar may have been old-fashioned, or even a little ahead of his time.

Ingela

2010-06-21, 00:41
Svar #3

Utloggad Ingela Martenius

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1489
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-10-25, 18:20
    • Visa profil
alltid eländiga - always miserable

Ingela

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna