ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: 18th century soldier rolls  (läst 822 gånger)

2003-06-18, 19:24
läst 822 gånger

Utloggad Nancy Wiberg Jones

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 127
  • Senast inloggad: Aldrig
    • Visa profil
Is there a source for getting information on a soldier in the 18th century?  I have a scrap of paper from my mother's files that records the identification tags of E. D. Ekerman, 1768, Charles XII. Her notes say that he is the great great grandfather to Hugo Enberg (my grandfather who emigrated to the US in 1923).  I am hoping to find information that will help me fill in the lineage gap between Ekerman and Enberg.  

Thank you,

Nancy Wiberg Jones

2003-06-18, 21:03
Svar #1

Anna-Carin Betzén

Nancy,  
There are soldier rolls, and a number of different organizations are compiling registers to make it easier to locate information on specific soldiers. http://www.ra.se/KRA/soldat.html lists some registers of Swedish soldiers. Unfortunately, there's about 20 different registers, each covering a different area. A few of them can be searched online, but in most cases they do lookups for a fee. This means you'd may have to contact each of them individually, unless you know where in Sweden your ancestor lived. As many of the registers are ongoing projects, there's of course a risk that your ancestor has not yet been registered.

Do you know anything about your grandfather Hugo Enberg before he left Sweden, like year of birth etc? I suspect it may be easier to start in that end and tracing the lineage from there. When you go back in time, the number of ancestors doubles in each generation as everyone has two parents. But, if you start in the 18th century and go forward, you may very well find that E. D. Ekerman had ten children, and each of them had ten children, each of which had ten children... and you may have to trace them all in order to find the connection to your grandfather.

I did a search for Hugo Enberg at www.ellisisland.org and found only one match: the carpenter Hugo Emanuel Enberg, arrived October 7 1922, age 31 years, unmarried. Does this match your data? He came from Ånimskog, a parish in Älvsborg county, Sweden. The manifest lists his nearest relative too; his mother Charlotta Enberg in Vingnäs village, Ånimskog. His destination was Chicago, Illinois, where he was going to join his friend Theodor Andersson who lived at 3238 Wrightwood Ave. The manifest even says that Hugo was 5'10, had brown hair, grey eyes, and a birth mark on his right knee.  If you can confirm that this is your grandfather, you have a good starting point for your research.

By the way, king Charles XII (Karl XII in Swedish) was killed in 1718, so if your ancestor was one of his soldiers, the year 1768 on your scrap may be the year of his death.

2003-06-19, 11:41
Svar #2

Utloggad Siv Nauman

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 330
  • Senast inloggad: 2011-04-24, 22:33
    • Visa profil
Hello Nancy,
This is what I found in Arkion\s database.
Fam nr: 1
Gustaf Emanuel Enberg f. 1852, Hemmansegare
Charlotta Sandberg f. 1865
Gustaf Laurentius f. 1879
Laura Emilia f. 1883
Hugo Emanuel f. 1890
Hanna Elise f. 1893
Erik Willgott f. 1897
All of them was born in Åminskog parish.
Kind regards
Siv Nauman

2003-06-20, 21:01
Svar #3

Utloggad Nancy Wiberg Jones

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 127
  • Senast inloggad: Aldrig
    • Visa profil
Hello Anna-Carin and Siv,

Thank you so much for all your efforts.  Yes, this is my grandfather Hugo that you have located.  I have information on his ancestry back a few generations on his mother's side.  Since his father Gustaf Emanuel Enberg (Enerberg)was born outside-of-wedlock, I have not been able to trace his paternity.  I was hopeful that perhaps I could work forward in time from E. D. Ekerman and find some sort of link.  

Siv, I'm not sure what Arkion's data base is.  Might it contain information on Gustaf's paternity?

Best regards,

Nancy

2007-05-23, 21:27
Svar #4

Utloggad Brian Almquist

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 102
  • Senast inloggad: 2020-02-14, 03:15
    • Visa profil
Dear friends:  

I am looking for the patrimonial name, birthplace and birthdate of a soldier from soldattorp No. 72 at Fållen, Södra Vi parish, who was quartered there from about 1764 until about 1790. His soldier name was Johan Espings (d. 24 October 1790); and he married Maria Pehrsdotter from Käbbo, 18 April 1764 in Södra Vi parish.  

They had six children while quartered there, beginning with Ingrid (23 August 1764) and ending with Eric (27 December 1779).  

I am also looking for the same information on Maria Pehrsdotter.  

Your help would be appreciated.  

Brian Almquist  
Ashland, Oregon USA

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna