ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Wilson, Charles Alfred b 1825 in Sweden,  (läst 1034 gånger)

2000-05-05, 02:41
läst 1034 gånger

jan

Charles Wilson was b in Sweden in 1825.  both parents were born in Sweden.  He immigrated to Baltimore in 1843.  He was 18.  He may have come with a brother John.  He was a Sea Captain. He married Mary Ann Godfrey in 1854 and they had 10 children.  He moved to Washington DC about 1885.

2005-12-12, 13:01
Svar #1

Utloggad Birgitta Ehn Norin

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 49
  • Senast inloggad: Aldrig
    • Visa profil
Can anybody provide me with information about Lodge Ring of Svithiod in Chicago? I have found that my grandfather's brother Sven Wilhelm Ehn, born 14 February 1903, was a member of this Orden in 1922. After that I have lost track of him.

The same goes for Sven's brother in law Axel F Krantz, born 13 May 1891, who was a member of the lodge from 1921 to 1926.

Birgitta Ehn Norin

2005-12-12, 18:21
Svar #2

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Birgitta,

Do you mean the lodge was called Ring? Otherwise, I'm confused by Lodge Ring.

I found the following sentence on the website of the Swedish American Historical Society, in its Archives section.

http://www.swedishamericanhist.org/

The largest collection by far is the records of the Independent Order of Svithiod and many of its lodges.  

Maybe they can help you.

I suggest that you ask for help on the Cook County Rootsweb List, which is for the city of Chicago and many of the surrounding suburbs. It is very active and very helpful. Tell them you live in Sweden and perhaps they will be even more helpful than usual. I have noticed a few Swedes receiving a great deal of help from that list.

Use the first list on this page.

http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/usa/IL/cook.html

There is also a list just for Chicago, which is the last list on the same page. I'm not familiar with it.

I looked on the Illinois Death Index, which is online. This may be your Axel.

http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/GenealogyMWeb/idphdeathsrch.html

Last Name First Name Middle Name Sex/
Race Age Cert # Death
Date County City Date
Filed  

KRANTZ        AXEL       F             M/W  UNK  0160700 1930-03-31 COOK        PROVISO TWP         30-04-03

This person provides low cost death certificates if you provide all of the information in the above entry. It may cost a bit more for postage to Sweden. (Asking for the same information from the government will cost much more and will take a lot more time. I've used her services and she is very quick.)

http://www.mollx.com/

Ask the Cook County list to try to find an obituary for this death.

Judy

2005-12-12, 20:46
Svar #3

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Birgitta,

Is this your Ehn on CD Emigranten? If so, this information might help find him on censuses. It would be easier for strangers to find them if there are other names to associate with him.

First name: SVEN W
Last name: EHN
Parish: STOCKHOLM STAD     County: A
Port: GÖTEBORG
Date: 1910 11 09
Destination: NEW YORK N Y
Fellows: JA
Source: 93:403:97766

First name: HILDA A T

First name: HILMA M

Is this Axel?

First name: AXEL FR
Last name: KRANTZ
Parish: KRISTIANSTAD     County: L
Title/Note: MÅLARE
Port: MALMÖ
Date: 1911 02 28
Destination: NEW YORK
Fellows: NEJ
Source: 1911:234:109

When you ask for lookups on the Cook County list, provide all the information you have. If you have other names to go with the initials, provide those too.

This is the only Hilda A.T. born about 1868 found on the 1900 Swedish Census. Is this perhaps the person found as Hilda A.T. Ehn on CD Emigranten? Knowing relatives sometimes makes it easier to find them in the U.S., which has records harder to use than records in Sweden.

Homeparish:  Hjärpås Skaraborgs län  
Residence:  Folkskolan  
County:  Skaraborgs  
SVARvolume:  16    
Card nr:  86    
Page:  11    
Row:  46    

Fam. nr 1

Johan August Pettersson Törner, b. 1859 in Rimbo Stockholms län, Folkskolelärare  
wife in second marriage Hilda Athalia Teresia Berndtsdotter, b. 1868 in Hjärpås Skaraborgs län  
son in the first marriage Johan Harald, b. 1887 in Hjärpås Skaraborgs län  

I think this Axel Fridolf is the Axel Fr. Krantz found on CD Emigranten and perhaps is also yours.

1900 Swedish Census:

Homeparish:  Christianstads stads  
Residence:  Christianstads stadsförsamling  
County:  Kristianstad  
SVARvolume:      
Card nr:      
Page:  88    
Row:  16    

Fam. nr 1

Adolf Fridolf Krantz, b. 1860 in Kristianstads Garnisonsförsamling Kristianstads län, Målare Artillerist f.  
wife Pella Olsdotter, b. 1858 in Sölvesborg Blekinge län  
Anna Maria, b. 1886 in Kristianstads Heliga Trefaldighet Kristianstads län  
Hilda Ovidia, b. 1888 in Kristianstads Heliga Trefaldighet Kristianstads län  
Axel Fridolf, b. 1891 in Kristianstads Heliga Trefaldighet Kristianstads län  
Gerda Frideborg, b. 1894 in Kristianstads Heliga Trefaldighet Kristianstads län  
Herta Elisabeth, b. 1899 in Kristianstads Heliga Trefaldighet Kristianstads län  

If any of those others emigrated, your people may be found near them in the U.S. I suppose you knew that information already but providing that information when you ask for requests might help you in your searching in the U.S.

Judy

2005-12-13, 03:59
Svar #4

Utloggad Laura Bonde

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 85
  • Senast inloggad: 2009-08-09, 03:25
    • Visa profil
When I googled 'Lodge Ring of Svithiod in Chicago', I found that the The Swenson Swedish Immigration Research Center at Augustana College has some of the lodges minutes and membership lists on microfilm under the link of Organizational and Lodge Records. The list of what they have organized by state is here:

http://www.augustana.edu/swenson/lodges%20on%20microfilm.htm#Illinois

Their main page is here:
http://www.augustana.edu/swenson/

Maybe they can help.  

Laura

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna