ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Spokane falls and Menominee  (läst 616 gånger)

2003-03-04, 21:55
läst 616 gånger

Utloggad Stig Hansson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 2040
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-15, 10:25
    • Visa profil
Two sister of my granmother went to USA round 1900. One of them to Spokane Falls and the other one to Menominee. I have no idea why they went to different places. Can someone please tell me the distance between these two places?
Stig

2003-03-05, 10:43
Svar #1

Laila Christiansen

It depends...

Menomonie, Dunn Co. Wisconsin
Menominee, Menominee Co. Michigan
Menominee, Cedar Co. North Dakota
Menominee, JoDaviess Co. Illinois
Menominee Falls, Waukesha Co. Wisconsin

Spokane Montana Christian Co
Spokane Louisiana Concordia  Co
Spokane Washington Spokane Co
Spokane Ohio Trumbull Co
Spokane South Dakota Custer Co

2003-03-05, 12:29
Svar #2

Utloggad Stig Hansson

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Thanks Laila
More complicated than i thought. I will try to find out.
Regards
Stig

2003-03-06, 10:16
Svar #3

Hans Svedberg

I think it is Spokane,Wa because its old name was Spokane Falls. You can look into: Anbytarforum: Länder: USA: Delstater: Washington to get some hints on how to proceed.

With Menominee I can only guess that it is somewhere close to or in Menominee County in Wisconsin where the Menominee Tribe lives. The trail west (to Spokane) past that area and also quite near all of the mentioned places.

The distance from Fargo,ND to Seattle,WA is about 1400 miles (2250 km). Not very close looked upon from Sweden but still quite close if you have travelled all the way from here.

My wife has lost trace of a relative Karl Albert Håkansson in Spokane, Wa 1904. If you see him please contact us. He might have called himself Charles and also used the family name Olson!

Best regards,

Hasse S

2003-03-06, 18:46
Svar #4

Utloggad Stig Hansson

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Hello Hasse
My relative, Hilda Lovisa Blom arrived 1889 in Spokanee Falls. Her sister Klara Sofia arrived 1903 in Menominee Mic which I interprete as Michigan. Could that be correct?
Stig

2003-03-06, 21:09
Svar #5

Hans Svedberg

Hello Stig,
Menominee Mic is situated at the north west of Lake Michigan at the border river Menominee between the states Michigan and Wisconsin according to the map. It is still in the same area but you have to add some miles. Between Menominee MI and Spokane WA it will be 1720 miles (2770 km).

Hasse S

2005-05-03, 19:46
Svar #6

Chuck Maki

re: Karl Albert Håkansson

I was looking for the Blom girls and did not find them in Spokane or Menominee lutheran church films at Swenson but I did find an Albert Hakanson in Spokane, no other data but that he was received March 26 1918 and dropped January 1, 1922.  Maybe this is your Karl Albert?

Chuck

2005-05-04, 01:19
Svar #7

Hans Svedberg (Hasses)

Hello Chuk!

Can you confirm that you have found an Albert  Hakanson with this spelling listed in Spokane Lutheran church 1918-1922.
You say no other data but if he were married, could he than be listed together with a wife?

He could be the person we are searching. At least we have nothing against him and no other candidate.

Is it possible for us to look into the list or can you give us a good address?

Hasse S

2005-05-05, 09:28
Svar #8

Utloggad Monica Svedberg

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 724
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-02-10, 13:08
    • Visa profil
Hi Chuck,
Do you have the possibility to look into Washington  Cencus 1920 for the above mentioned (Carl) Albert Hakanson, born 16 November 1872 in Gullabo, Sweden? He has also been called Charles/Charley Olson (his father's last name).

Monica

2005-05-05, 17:26
Svar #9

Chuck Maki

Hasse,
I rechecked the films for that church.  Albert Hakanson's listing was as written before.  No wife listed.  There were also other Håkanson persons who don't seem to fit but I give them here just the same:
at Salem Lutheran Church in Spokane, WA

member page 13 (as written)
Mrs Johanna (Håkanson)& in pencil above the surname was the surname Svenson.
born 7-26-1853 at Onsby, Kristinestad, Sv.  This woman emigrated from Gardslöf in 1884 and came to Spokane from St Paul MN in 1890.

page 32 - the same Albert Hakanson data as before.
page 34
Peter Hakanson born 12-29-1864 at Urshult Kronsberg l. and emigrated maybe 1892, the entry is smudged with ink.  His wife is Maria Lovisa from Sv.  Two children.

If these others fit you,I can get fotocopies for you.
Chuck

2005-05-05, 17:30
Svar #10

Chuck Maki

I should have tried to find him as Charles Olson in the church - today Swenson was really crowded with lots of people speaking perfect Swedish  so I will have to wait for tomorrow.  I was lucky to get a machine for 1/2 hour this morning.

Chuck

2005-05-06, 14:56
Svar #11

Utloggad Monica Svedberg

• Anbytare ****
    • Visa profil
Chuck,
Thank you for helping me and my husband Hasse. Unfortunately the other persons named Hakanson are no relatives of mine or (Carl) Albert Hakanson alias Charles Olson. If he is not found in the church, perhaps he is in the census 1920.

Monica

2005-05-06, 18:34
Svar #12

Chuck Maki

Karl Håkanson aka Olson

I rechecked the church and found a guy who I don't believe is yours but here he is for the record:
Carl Olson married Maria Johnson on June 1 1919.  They are from Wallace Idaho so no other information on the page for them.
Although reception and dismissal lists are missing for 1918 thru 1921, the baptismal and marriage records are there so I don't know why they are not recorded - the pages for 1917 - 1922 are sequential.
I also checked funeral lists and did not find him.

Then I checked 1920 census for Washington state.
I looked for Hakanson, for Hokanson, for Hoganson, for Olson.  I looked for him to be in the age range of 48-50 but did not find him there.  The only one of the proper age group was a Carl W Hakanson so wrong middle initial.

So nothing more to be done with the present information at Swenson by me.
Chuck

2005-05-06, 20:49
Svar #13

Utloggad Monica Svedberg

• Anbytare ****
    • Visa profil
Hi Chuck,
I am very grateful for all you have done. Charles Olson is not a very good choice for a new name. Thank you.

Monica

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna