ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Murdered persons in the USA?  (läst 543 gånger)

2005-04-19, 00:10
läst 543 gånger

Utloggad John Larsson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 93
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-01-08, 10:45
    • Visa profil
Hello,

A Swedish husband to one of my (Swedish) grandmother's sisters was murdered in the USA. Is there an archive over murdered persons?  The time was 1903!

John Larsson

2005-04-19, 08:39
Svar #1

Utloggad Anna-Carin Betzén

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1112
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-10-28, 20:07
    • Visa profil
    • www.btz.se
If it by any chance happend in Chicago, there's a database.

2005-04-19, 16:48
Svar #2

Utloggad John Larsson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 93
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-01-08, 10:45
    • Visa profil
Thank you Anna-Carin,

I don't think so. Family traditions says New York, but the information is perhaps not so reliable. The husband went alone to the US and worked in the salt mines somewhere for 11 years. According to the abandoned family in Småland, he was murdered in New York on his way home, but the family might have wanted to tell a better story, if you understand what I mean! I doubt that he WAS returning home at this, but the chances for being in Chicago seems rather small. Nevertheless, I will give it a try!

Some of the victim's possession, e. g. a fine pocket watch, was sent back to Sweden, by some autorities. Therefore I don't think that he was robbed and murdered. Maybe I should try to seek information in the diplomatic area? They could have been involved.

John

2005-04-19, 22:57
Svar #3

Utloggad Anna-Carin Betzén

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1112
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-10-28, 20:07
    • Visa profil
    • www.btz.se
Google found this site too: The Historical Violence Database. Possibly you can find something useful through their links; at least one New York county seems to be included.

Good luck!

2005-04-20, 07:41
Svar #4

Utloggad Crister Lindström

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 447
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-12-25, 10:40
    • Visa profil
Ett alternativ kan vara att gå igenom tidningar från denna tid. Tidningar med svenskanknytning, t ex Svensk-Amerikanaren finns mikrofilmade på Kungliga Biblioteket. Eftersom du har årtal underlättar det.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna