ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Mathilda Charlotta Johansdotter  (läst 777 gånger)

2005-10-28, 01:51
läst 777 gånger

Utloggad David Johnson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 38
  • Senast inloggad: Aldrig
    • Visa profil
I am trying to find out how Mathilda Charlotta Johansdotter died at such a young age. She was born September 29,1853 in Pråmboda, Långasjo, Småland, Sweden and died April 15,1872 in Pråmboda, Långasjo, Småland, Sweden which would make her 19 years old. If anyone would have any information about how she died, it would be greatly appreciated! The reason I am trying to find out is because I would like to know if there were any genetic traits or diseases like cancer or something else passed down in the family that we should know about. Thanks alot!

2005-10-28, 03:57
Svar #1

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
David,

If you look at her death/burial record (one of the parish records) you will probably find a cause of death but medical knowledge was not that great back then, so it might not be the same cause of death a modern doctor would find. My brother is a medical doctor (pathologist) and every time I show him one of my finds for cause of death, he tells me: They didn't really know. A lot of people died from a feber (fever) which isn't very specific. I have had young ancestors die of things such as tuberculosis, but there are other causes of death which were common too.

Try the Genline site (if you are subscribed) or order this parish record from any Family History Center. This is an extraction of the full death record, so perhaps the cause of death won't be listed. You want the Döda records and also make sure you have the right parish. All the parishes in Kronoberg will be on this film.

Sweden, Kronoberg - Civil registration  
Födda, Vigda, Döda 1872 -  FHL INTL Film [197023 ]

This is the full birth/burial record for Långasjö parish. You should get a burial date (unlike on the above film) and perhaps a cause of death.

Sweden, Kronoberg, Långasjö - Church records  
Döda 1861-1895 v. FI:2 (T05218) -  FHL INTL Fiche [ 6111810 Fiches 1-3 ]

There is a medical glossary on the SweGGate site. Click on Dictionary on the home page and then look at the top of the page you reach and find the Medical link and click on that.

http://www.rootsweb.com/~swewgw/

If you find a cause of death, it will probably be listed there.

Judy

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna