ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Karin Danielson - Emigrant CD Lookup  (läst 277 gånger)

2005-09-07, 20:13
läst 277 gånger

Kay Engman

Could someone please check the Emigrant CD for this lady who married my gr-grandmother's nephew?  Karin Danielson was born June 12, 1876 in Halland län according to her newspaper obituary.  She emigrated to the U.S. in 1892 according to the U.S. census records, so she would have been 15 - 16 years old.  I saw on her brother's World War1 military registration card it was written that he was born in Halland län, and I think the name of the parish is written but it is so small and fuzzy I can only make out that the first letter is a J' or G.  I don't know if she emigrated alone or with her parents.  I would like to know which parish she was born in or emigrated from.

Thanks so much to all the kind people on this website!

Kay Engman

2005-09-07, 23:20
Svar #1

Utloggad Maud Svensson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 21880
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-28, 19:20
    • Visa profil
Could this be the family?

Census 1890
Home parish:  Veinge
Residence:  Veinge nr. 3
County: Halland
Tenant farmer Peter Danielsson, b. 1845 in Enslöv, Halland county  
w. Anna Jönsdotter, b. 1845 in Eldsberga, Halland county
? d. Carin, b. 1876  
s. Iwan Sverker, b. 1878  
s. Otto Valfrid, b. 1880  
s. Oscar Nieman, b. 1882  
s. Ernst Moritz, b. 1888  
s. Gustav Julius, b. 1890  
- all the children born in Veinge.

I cannot find Carin/Karin, Iwan Sverker and Oscar Nieman in census 1900. This year their parents and two youngest brothers still lived in Veinge nr. 3.

Otto Valfrid Danielsson b. 12 Oct 1880 in Veinge died 15 March 1957 in Raus, Malmöhus (Skåne) county.  
Gustav Julius Danielsson b. 12 Dec 1890 in Veinge died 28 July 1963 in Snöstorp, Halland county.    
(Swedish Death records 1947-2003)

There was a Swedish Karen Danielson, 16 year old servant, who arrived at Ellis Island 1 June 1892 onboard Saale from Bremen-Southampton.  
(www.stevemorse.org)
Hälsar vänligen
Maud

2005-09-08, 15:55
Svar #2

Kay Engman

Maud,

Yes, this is the correct family!  You have found them.  Thank you very much!  Karin's brother was called Earnest  Mauritz Danielson in the U.S. and he was born July 20, 1888, so that is also a match.  Now that I have looked at the Sverige roadmap and seen where the village of Veinge is located, I see that there is a small village next to it called Genevad - this looks like the word that is on Earnest's military record that I could not read.

Thank you also for the death records from the Dödbok CD and for finding Carin's emigration information.  This is a great help!

Regards,
Kay Engman

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna