ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: John Warner in Randall, Minnesota.  (läst 281 gånger)

2000-06-17, 23:41
läst 281 gånger

Utloggad Sven-Åke Bågenholm

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 128
  • Senast inloggad: 2010-05-15, 11:04
    • Visa profil
I am looking for my grandmothers brother and his relativs. His name in Sweden was Johan Birger Werner-Andersson, born 1869-01-17 in Malma parish. He left Sweden from Gothenborg 1889-03-29 for Minneapolis. He wrote sometimes from US and his name was then John Warner and he lived as farmer in Randall, Minnesota.
Best regards
Sven-Åke

2005-04-03, 07:45
Svar #1

Maggie Nelson

There was a John Burger Warner who died on 1952 March 02 in Morrison Co. Minnesota. Randall is in Morrison Co. The information can be found on  
http://people.mnhs.org/dci/ and death certificates can be ordered there. I only found two Warners living near Randall. They are listed in Little Falls, Minnesota. There is a Morrison Co. Historical Society in Little Falls. They may be able to help you. Their e-mail address is mchs@littlefalls.net and their web site is  http://www.morrisoncountyhistory.org/index.html I noticed that they have a Warner listed in their family files.

2005-04-03, 10:31
Svar #2

Jan Ek (Janek)

There is a problem with this match. A look in the census records for 1900-1910-1920-1930 suggests that the John Burger Warner d. 1952 above, is the same man as the John B. Warner who is farming in Culdrum, Morrison Co. According to the 1900 census this man is born December 1871, and immigrated 1887. (ED 97, p 5A)

John Warner in Culdrum married Tallie that year 1900, and in 1920 they have two daughters, Florence 16 and Minnie 12. (ED 153, p. 1B) John's age is more or less consistant with birthyear 1871 through the four censuses checked.

This doesn't rule out that the one found in MHS death index is a possible match, it's just an unlikely one. Only a look at the certificate itself can answer that question.

Contacting the Morrison co Historical Society is a very good idea. Looking for a farmers' index for Morrison County is another.

2005-04-04, 18:49
Svar #3

Chuck Maki

At Swenson we have:
MN  MORRISON  LITTLE FALLS  BETHEL LUTHERAN CHURCH  L  1892  E-96  
 MINS1913-37;MEMB1892-1950;M/A'97-29
This film has the other lutheran churches of the county on one reel so it will be easy to check this one out and see what the church records tell us.
I will be able to access Swenson tomorrow, Apr 5 05, so I can get back to this forum at that time.
Chuck

2005-04-05, 19:30
Svar #4

Chuck Maki

Swenson results are negative:

I checked churches in these towns:  Cushing, Darling, Uppsala, Little Falls, Fridhem, a location named Parkertownand Pillager just over the county line.  
I looked for Anderson in the event he had begun calling himself that.  I looked for Warner and for Werner.
I didn't check baptismal lists because I had so very little information.  Same holds true for marital lists.  
Chuck

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna