Forum > Old topics - From Emigrants (2005)

John Viktor Andersson - Emigration Ship and date of departure?

<< < (7/7)

Bror Gillström:
Hej John!
I have your adress.
Yesterday I have sent you a CD.

Bror Gillström

Bror Gillström:
Hej John!
I have your adress.
Yesterday I have sent you a CD.

Bror Gillström

John Anderson:
Thank you Bror,

I will let you know when I recieve it.  I am looking forward to it very much.

John

John Anderson:
Bror,

I recieved the CD and the materials you sent.  They got here fast!  It always amazes me how quickly things get here from Sweden.  

The letter arrived Thursday and the postmark in Sweden says 2005-1-17 on it.  So that means it made it here in about 4 days!

I have not yet had time to really get into the information that you sent, but some of it is already a revelation.

I have an account from Rut Marie where she talks about how her father Fredrik died.  She says that he was working out in the field one day and that she remembers some men bringing him in in a wheel barrow and that he was injured.  She says he died about a week later.

You say it says in the records that it was a fishing accident which she never mentioned.  That is very interesting.  I wonder what exactly happened to him.

I do have much information on the Reinholdsson's and their descendents which I think would be of interest to you.  

Perhaps I can send you a CD also since your e-mail won't handle the pictures.  

I would also like any information you have working backward in time from Reinhold Andersson and Maria, and also Anders Jonsson.

Thank you so much also for the pictures!

I recognized the Karlskoga Kyrka in the painting even before I had translated your letter.  I have some very old posrcard pictures of it.  I will include those on the disc also.

If you can't read this letter, I will try my best to translate it into Swedish, but I don't know how good the results will be.

Your cousin-in-law,

John

Navigering

[0] Meddelandeindex

[*] Föregående sida

Gå till fullversion