ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Immigration Help -Petersons  (läst 623 gånger)

2005-04-26, 15:31
läst 623 gånger

Orlynn Dannels

Can anyone help me find where John and Ingelena Peterson immigrated from .They had a daughter,Johana,born abt.1851 or 52.They must have immigrated abt.1852-1853,they had a child born in Mn. in 1854.I'm at a loss on John & Ingelena in Sweden,I've found the family in Mn. census records,but thats all.
Thank you in advance for assistance,
Orlynn

2005-04-27, 15:24
Svar #1

BrittBorjesson

Hej Orlynn,
there are 14 married men in the Emipass database with a name starting with Joh and a surname starting with Pet who emigrated 1852-1854. Nothing says that any of them is the right one - but could be. Perhaps neighbours could give a clue - people sometimes settled down near people they knew. Have you tried church records? Recently I succeeded to find a man out of that he had given up Hagersjohifte as birthplace when entering a church in Minnesota - nice people on this webside helped me to find out that it was a farm called Hägersjöhylte in Småland.
Good luck!
Britt

2005-04-29, 19:01
Svar #2

Kay Engman

Orlynn,  What does it say about birthplace in their obituaries and on the death certificates?
Kay

2005-05-03, 22:52
Svar #3

Chuck Maki

At Swenson today:  
With the info that the child Andrew was born in Illinois, I am checking films of those pre 1854 churches and have not completed that so will not comment on that search except to say that I did find a Johan Daniel Peterson at Andover with a son born in America on May 11 1854 named Anders Johan, unfortunately the wife was Carolina and she had an American born daughter who preceded this Anders.  Ah, well,  
I did look at the list of Swedes who traveled from Sweden to New York during the 1851-60 timeframe and found this interesting bit that I will attach as an image.
Here are the names on the same typed page that seemed of interest:

Pettersson Inga L 27 Superior Gothenburg 1852 5/8
 perhaps the Ingelena of the thread is also Inge Lena?
Pettersson Johan 28 Superior Gothenburg 1852 5/8
Pettersson Johan 25 Superior Gothenburg 1852 5/8

In addition to doing that, I looked into the passenger register (scb) for the same timeframe and found these men listed.  I selected men who were accompanied by a wife and one child:

Pettersson, Johannes (f) 1853 m h och 1 barn
Petersson, Jonas f torp Mistelås G 1853 m h och 1 d
Persson, Jöns torp 29 Winslöf L 1854 m h och 1 barn
Petersson, Johannes torp Skepplanda P 1854 m h och d
Persson, Jonas Skurstad R 1854 m h och 1 barn
Petersson, Jonas Pet torp W Ryd E 1852 m h och 1 minderårigt barn
Petersson, Johan 1852 skräddare

Chuck

2005-05-04, 19:31
Svar #4

Chuck Maki

I checked the early churches in Illinois - those established before 1854.  Chicago (2 churches), Princeton,Moline, Wataga, Geneva, Galesburg, Knoxville, and Andover.

I looked at the baptismal record for Andover because the index cards only referred to members.  I did not find a John and Ingelena Peterson with a son Andrew.  The Chicago lutheran church baptismal records began in 1862 so the earlier records are not available.

Unless you have something new, I don't believe I shall find them in an early Illinois church record.  

Chuck

2005-06-10, 23:04
Svar #5

Chuck Mäki

I have found some more support for the people who traveled on the ship Superior - this is what I wrote above:  
Pettersson Inga L 27 Superior Gothenburg 1852 5/8
perhaps the Ingelena of the thread is also Inge Lena?
Pettersson Johan 28 Superior Gothenburg 1852 5/8
Pettersson Johan 25 Superior Gothenburg 1852 5/8

I looked at ancestry.coms new 13 cd New York arrivals for 1850-1853, the cds cover 1850-1891 and this is the result:

Johm Petterson, age 28,male, Sweden
Nyer L Petterson, age 27,male, Sweden (transcriber error)
Johanna L Petterson, age 8/12, female, Sweden.
Ship:  Superior
Arrival Date:  05 Aug 1852
Departure port:  Gothenburg, Sweden

I am confident we have them, both from the new arrivals cd and the old emigranten film at Swenson.

Chuck

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna