ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Emigration Ship Source Code  (läst 327 gånger)

2005-11-11, 03:45
läst 327 gånger

Robert Goranson

I have the Emigration Source Code (92:489:94892) for my Grandmother when she left Sweden.

Is there anything I can do with the Source Code that would help me obtain additional information on her emigration?

She left Sweden 12 Aug. 1910

Thanks,

Bob

2005-11-11, 08:44
Svar #1

Utloggad Britt Börjesson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 396
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-08-30, 20:33
    • Visa profil
Hej Robert,
the source code will lead to information about the name of the ship she left with, and to the name of the ticket agency. If she had pre-paid ticket, this information will also be there.
Hälsningar
Britt

2005-11-11, 11:23
Svar #2

Utloggad Ingela Martenius

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1489
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-10-25, 18:20
    • Visa profil
Bob,

Contact the Regional Archive in Göteborg. They will tell you the ship's name and where your grandmother transited; before 1915 there was no regular service from Sweden directly to the States and you had to transit somewhere. Most people departed from Göteborg and went on the Wilson line ships to either Grimsby or Hull (England's east coast) and from there by train to Liverpool to embark on the ship that would take them across the Atlantic (usually with an intermediate stop at Queenstown (present-day Cobh) in Ireland to pick up more passengers).

Email the Archive at  landsarkivet@landsarkivet-goteborg.ra.se (you can write in English), quoting the source code and your grandmother's name.

Ingela

2005-11-11, 19:52
Svar #3

Robert Goranson

Thanks Ingella and Britt.

Yes I have the Ship's Manifest andNaturalization records for my Grandmother.  Yes, she did leave from Liverpool to Boston.

Thanks again and I will write to Landarkivet.  I have written to them before with other questions and they were very helpful.

Bob

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna