ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: CD Emigration Lookup - Larsson  (läst 465 gånger)

2005-05-15, 06:23
läst 465 gånger

Audrey Parks

I would very much appreciate it if someone could check the Emigraten CD to see if Albin Julius Gottrid Larsson, born 1875-07-03 in Döderhult parish, Kalmar emigrated between the years 1893-1896.  The Larsson family moved to Kristdala in Ocober 1885.  He left Göteborg 1903-06-10 under the name Albin Lind, bound for New York, destination Axtell, Kansas and was listed as being an American citizen at that time.  He had to have been in the USA prior to this to obtain his citizenship.  I would like to find out this date, what part of Sweden he left from, and what his destination was.  Thank you.

2005-05-18, 01:40
Svar #1

Audrey Parks

Would someone please be able to tell me what other ports emigrants could have sailed from who lived in the area of Kristdala?  Per my request above, I've received confirmation from the archives in Göteborg that they had no record on the Emigraten CD for Albin Julius Gottfrid Larsson (Lind) born 1875-07-03 leaving Göteborg between the years 1890-1900.  They suggested that someone from the area where he lived could perhaps check the archives moving records to see if and when he left his home throughout these years, from which port he left, under which name and what his destination was.  

I'm having such trouble trying to find information about his coming to the US in these earlier years, particulary seeing as he was registered as an American citizen leaving Göteborg in 1903.

I now have further information about him that he served in the Swedish army as an artillerist in 2dra Göta artilleriregemente moving there from Kristdala in 1897, f.d. artillerist, 63-35-96. He then moved to Stockholm 1901-12-19 and registered at the Stockholm Seaman's house in 1902 under N-o 616.  From what I can understand, he moved out to supplement book of unknowns 1904-12-31.

I thought that if a person became a US citizen they swore allegiance to the new country and had to renounce the King of Sweden.  That's why I find this all so confusing since per the US records he obtained his citizenship 1896-10-21 in Marshall County, Kansas.  But then he went back to Sweden to register in the army in 1897!

The next confusing thing is that I've found his Naturalization Certificate in Canada for the year 1918.  Since our family only thought he had lived in Canada the whole time since he emigrated, the above information about his becoming an American citizen was a great surprise.

If there is no way of finding him leaving from any other port, could he have somehow stowed away on a ship to come to the USA the first time?  He once mentioned to his sister Selma that he had done something terrible in his life - perhaps this was it?  We have no idea what it could have been.

If anyone could give me any help at all, I would be so very, very thankful.

2005-05-18, 04:52
Svar #2

Chuck Maki

Hi Audrey,
I am out of town at the moment but can check for you at the Swenson Swedish Immigration Center next week to see if he's listed in a church a Axtell, KS because it might give you some info on immigration that might fill in some of the gaps for you.

Chuck

2005-05-18, 11:46
Svar #3

Audrey Parks

Thanks Chuck. I also had contacted the Marshall County Historical Society to see if they would check the 1895 KS Census for me, and I just now received an email from them saying they found an Albin Lind age 19 living with A.P. Erickson 49, and his wife in Murray Township, Marshall County, KS.  They also found C.J. Albin Lind who applied for his intent Oct. 21, 1896 and this date matches what I found on the 1903 ship's manifest at Ellis Island that would match him stating he had been to a court previously in Axtell, KS.  However, the KS State Historical Society had previously sent me this same document, looks like it was for C.J. Lind but they quoted it as being his final papers.  I thought it could be just a spelling error using C rather than G for Gottfrid - perhaps he may have changed his name?  I hate these brick walls.  Look forward to hearing from you.

2005-05-20, 19:33
Svar #4

Chuck Maki

Albin Julius Gottfrid Larsson (Lind)

Hi Audrey,
I did not find him as Larson or Lind at either of the 2 churches in Axtell - the lutheran or covenant churches.

I could not check in records such as baptisms or marriages, etc, because I didn't have names of children to search for so if you have more for me to look for, just give me an email because that will get my attention soonest  
Chuck

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna