ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Blomqvist - Dahlström - Lundberg connection?  (läst 659 gånger)

2002-09-06, 20:05
läst 659 gånger

Steve Bloomquist

My farfars far, Carl Alfred Blomqvist, was naturalized 12 Mar 1900 in Beaver county, Pennsylvania.  The next entry on the naturalization docket (on the same day) is for a man named August Dahlström.

The sponsor for both of these men was Alfred Lundberg.

All three of them were Swedish immigrants, living in Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania at that time (and working in a steel/rod mill).

Both Carl Blomqvist and August Dahlström have conflicting dates for their emigration, indicating that they arrived in the USA in 1887 or 1894.  (August Dahlström's records spcifically say the he arrived on 8 April.. one doc indicates 1887, another indicates 1894.  Carl's naturalization papers say he arrived in 1894, but later census data indicate 1893 and also 1888.)

Can anyone make a connection between these three men/surnames?  Perhaps they were related in some way, or came from the same area?

Any facts, or even musings, would be greatly appreciated!

2002-09-27, 14:29
Svar #1

Steve Bloomquist

I have more to supplement this thread..

I found a Gustav Victor BLOMQVIST who emigrated in 1902 with his wife Augusta Lindgren and their children.

They were heading to Braddock, Pennsylvania which is in the greater Pittsburgh area.  They were going to a friend named Olof LUNDBERG.

So here again we have BLOMQVIST-LUNDBERG connection happening, in Western Pennsylvania.

The age of Gustav Victor BLOMQVIST is close enough that he could have been a brother to my farfars far, Carl Alfred BLOMQVIST.

Both Gustav Victor and Carl Alfred BLOMQVIST named one of their sons Harry.  Hmm!

2004-12-25, 19:58
Svar #2

Utloggad Barbro Jonson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 125
  • Senast inloggad: 2011-09-14, 07:44
    • Visa profil
Hello

I have also some more supplements that could interest you, if you still haven?t found your Blomqvist. There is a story with a letter connected, dated 16 sept 1884.It says he left Sweden 1983, the year before the letter is written. In this letter to the church(priest) the wife of Johan August Blomqvist, writes he is born 5 sept 1850 or 51 in Lövens församling Blekinge län. She is asking the church to release their marriage as he emmigrated from Sweden 1883 and never come back. She is asking this because she is going to marry another man in  Sweden. She married the disappeard Blomqvist in 1881. They have one child togehter(checked in church book)but this boy is raised as a son of her next husband. Later she remarried and had three more children with another man, of whome one of them is my ancester.  
Could it be the same person Blomqvist? I have not checked this story up, but maybe it can give you some clue. I would appreciate if you have found the emmigration date of Blomqvist above as it can give me some clues to when she was left alone. Then we will know better about the relationsship with the first child.  

Best regards Mrs Berg

2004-12-27, 06:39
Svar #3

Steve Bloomquist

Mrs. Berg,

My Blomqvist ancestor was most likely born circa 1870-1871.  That makes me think that it is unlikely that he was married in 1881 in Sweden.

I have researched many Blomqvist emigrants over the last few years, and there were many of them, from all parts of Sweden, and emigrating to various places throughout the USA.

I wish you great luck in your search, and if I encounter any likely matches for the person in your query, I will post data here.

2005-01-01, 15:50
Svar #4

Utloggad Barbro Jonson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 125
  • Senast inloggad: 2011-09-14, 07:44
    • Visa profil
Thank you for your answer Steve Bloomqvist.

I hadn?t seen the whole discussion. Of course it can?t bee the same person. I wish you good luck and will mail here if I find something moore suitable.

Best regards from Ms Berg

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna