ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Abrahamson, Hedwig  (läst 323 gånger)

2003-04-19, 06:51
läst 323 gånger

nancy

I am looking for information about Hedwig
Abrahamson whose family emigrated to Houston, MN
around 1853 - 1869.  We think they were from
the Halland area.  We don't know birth dates or
full names.  Other relatives may be Abraham
Anderson.

2005-09-07, 19:27
Svar #1

Chuck Mäki

Hello Nancy,
On personregister (scb) svenska emigranter, 1851-1860 I found this one family and post here for people in Sweden who might be able to do a followup in that parish:
Andersson, Abraham
m h och 3 barn (with wife and 3 kids)
Wärö N (in Halland county)
traveled in 1853   source code:  A 118:260

I did not find the wife and kids in the listings for family so it's now up to somebody in Sweden to carry this forward.

btw:  I checked the Swedish-NY arrivals for years 1853-54 but did not find Hedwig.  Genealogist here at Swenson tells me that's not unusual.  They just gathered what they had and filmed it.
Also I did not find your Hedwig (Hedda) on the film for Hallands emigration.  I could not find the Abraham Andersson family on the 1880 census either.

If we knew how you knew of this woman, that could well lead us further along.  Are there any other towns in Minnesota?  Houston / Houston County MN has one swedish church, baptist, and the film here is only of council meetings so no help there.  No films for the two counties bordering Houston (it's in the southeast corner with the Mississippi River providing the eastern border and Iowa the southern border.  Tell us how you learned about this woman and that info just might lead us further.

I wanted to check Hallands emigrants microfiche here at Swenson but that sort of record was begun in about 1861.

Chuck - give me an email if you have something else for a quicker response.

2005-09-08, 16:01
Svar #2

Utloggad Britt Börjesson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 396
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-08-30, 20:33
    • Visa profil
If these people are the people I think they are (I don't have any of my papers available right now) they emigrated from either Lingome village  or Norvära village in Värö parish, Hallands län, 1853, lead by the first Swedish baptist Fredrik Olaus Nilsson. It was I think about 25 baptists leaving Värö that spring.

2005-09-10, 00:03
Svar #3

Chuck Mäki

Houston baptist church council meeting minutes were interesting. I did find Abraham Anderson listed prominently in the little church but alas, no Hedwig was mentioned.
Hmm, somebody had taken the time to translate the swedish to english
Chuck

2005-09-10, 10:21
Svar #4

Utloggad Britt Börjesson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 396
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-08-30, 20:33
    • Visa profil
Abraham Andersson (also called Pilte Abraham), wife Brita Christensdotter and their children Carl, Gunhild and Aron emigrated from Lingome nr 17, Värö parish, in april, 1853. This spring, 17 people in all, all of them baptists, left the parish for Minnesota.
Abrahams sister, Olena Andersdotter, her husband Claes Ericsson and their children Inger Lena, Gunnur, Anna Stina, Anna Lena, Christina and Nils emigrated from Lingome nr 11, Värö parish, in 1854. This spring, 27 people in all left for Minnesota. None of these are known as baptists.
In 1869 a big wave of emigrants, 77 people, many of them related to the early groups of 1853 and 1854, left the parish for America. My source, a chapter written by Inga Bernander in the book Halländska emigrantöden (published by Spektra 1996) does not give any names for this later, big group.  
Perhaps the Hedvig searched for is to be found among these.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna