ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Aaron Johnson of Falkoping then Brainerd, MN  (läst 812 gånger)

2001-12-10, 20:51
läst 812 gånger

Utloggad Danielle Johnson

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 3
  • Senast inloggad: Aldrig
    • Visa profil
This is my great grandfather born in 1870/6/24 died 1962/3/3.  His bible states his birth place was (excuse any spelling error here) Torbjonntorp, Falkoping, Sweden.  From what I could read his mother's name was Carolina Bjorkdall and his father is Sven or Johann Johannson.  He went to Brainerd, MN in 1888.  He founded the Swedish Luthern Church of Brainerd, MN in 1914.  He married Hulda Kristina Karlsson-Erickson in 1900/4/21.  They had Rudolph Clarence, Everette Theodore, Arthur William, Alice Gertrude and Mildred Eleanor Johnson.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2001-12-10, 22:11
Svar #1

Utloggad Lena Thelin

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 5118
  • Senast inloggad: 2020-09-16, 22:02
    • Visa profil
    • www.arleco.nu/minslakt/sv
Hello Danielle,

Regarding the Emigrant CD I found one Aron Johanson who went from Göteborg to Brainerd in 1888 (17.2.1888) he was 18 years old when he went. He lived in the parish Floby and he went by himself. Floby is in the same county as Falköping and it's Västergötland.

2001-12-10, 22:30
Svar #2

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
Maybe the following link is of interest to you: Falbygdens Släktforskarförening

It is the web site (in English) of the local genealogical society of the area.

2001-12-11, 01:28
Svar #3

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Hi Danielle,

It is very possible that information on a Swedish Lutheran minister would be available from the Swenson Center in Rock Island, Illinois.

http://www.augustana.edu/administration/SWENSON/index.htm

Good luck!

Judy

2003-12-12, 20:44
Svar #4

Utloggad Ted Rosvall

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1256
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-09, 07:49
    • Visa profil
I have found one ARON JONSSON, born 1870 June 25th at Hällestad near Falköping. He emigrated 1888 Jan.13. from Välan 3 in Hällestad parish to the US.

Did he die in Brainerd?

TED ROSVALL

2005-03-25, 17:27
Svar #5

John Anderson

Danielle,

I just got back from Brainerd MN a couple of weekends back.  Part of my trip there was genealogical in nature as my Great Grandparents lived very near there at Sandstone, MN.  The couple that I stayed with while there lived in Brainerd though.

I may be going bavk there again soon to do some more genealogical research.

If you woudl like, I could take pictures of the church you are referring to in Brainerd and see what records they have of your ancestor.  I stopped at a church my G Grandmother was a member of in Sandstone back in the early 50's and they were very helpful, even letting me peruse books from the early 1900's!

Also, if you find out where your G Grandfather's grave is in Brainerd, I could try to find it for you and take some pictures of that also.  I have a digital camera and these are pictures I could e-mail to you.

John Anderson
camch5@yahoo.com

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna