ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Searching for Gustaf Nelson  (läst 597 gånger)

2000-03-04, 16:14
läst 597 gånger

Dennis Skinner

I am looking for the family/ancestors of my grandfather Gustaf Nelson. According to oral family history he was born 9 March 1860 in Svanskog, Varmland (I do not know the parish).  USA/Minnesota census records indicate that he immigrated to the USA/Minnesota in 1880.  Gustaf had stepsisters named Minnie (whose married name may have been Anderson) and Anna.  He had a stepbrother named Olaf.  He may have had a sister Wilhelmina who immigrated to the USA. His brother John, born April, 1864, also immigrated to Minnesota. They married immigrant women from Skåne (who were aunt and niece)after arriving in Minnesota.  He may have had a background in foundry work-machinery.  He taught himself to play the organ, learned English very quickly, and knew the Bible well- and loved to argue about scripture with nephews who were ministers.  If anyone has any information relating to my grandfather, my e-mail address is: dnels@mlecmn.net    Any help for further searching would also be appreciated.

2000-03-04, 22:19
Svar #1

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
Hello, Svanskog is a parish in the province of Värmland. In the Emigranten database, the following is found:

NILSSON, GUST (age:) 20, (left:)1880 06 18 (=June 18, 1880), (from) SVANSKOG, (sex:)M, (destination:)NEW YORK, (source code:)15:298:10101, (port of departure:) G (=Göteborg)

The next step for you is to get hold of the church records for Svanskog, and look for Gustaf and his family there. The records can be accessed through your closest Family History Center (mormons)

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna