ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Ostrom-Peter and Christine-emigrated 1901  (läst 501 gånger)

2000-02-28, 22:25
läst 501 gånger

Ostrom-Peter and Christine

From cemetery records, Peter Ostrom was born April 14, 1853 in Sweden and died September 5, 1913.  He is buried in Nooksack Cemetery, Whatcom County, Washington, U.S.A.   Peter emigrated to the U.S. in 1901.  I am guessing that he came from Jamptland-parish unknown-could be Ostersund.  Christine, his wife, was born January 15, 1863 in Jemptland Sweden per cemetery records and died December 1, 1936 and is buried at the Nooksack Cemetery, Whatcom County, Washington, U.S.A.  Her maiden surname may have been Erickson.  She emigrated in 1901 with Peter.  I also do not know from what parish she came.  I would welcome any location of parishes they came from and any knowledge of which ship they were passengers on.  Barry Ostrom, 234 Marr Court, Monmouth, OR 97361-1356.  Email: ostrom@teleport.com

2000-09-16, 08:18
Svar #1

Barry Ostrom

Recently, I researched a microfilm from the Family History Library titled “EmigrantListor, 1901” for Jämtland.  Going through the listing line by line I found Peter Ostrom ,wife Christine and sons as follows (birth year in parenthesis):  Per Olofsson (1851), Kerstin Ersdotter (1862), and sons Erik (1885), August (1887). Alfred (1894), Petrus (1898), and Karl Otto (1900).  They were found as living in Kläppe, Marby Annex, Jämtland Län.  Researching census data for Jämtland I learned that Per Olofsson's (Peter Ostrom's) father was Olof Nilsson, and Olof Nilsson's father was Nils Ostrom, born 1785, and all from Kläppe.  Unfortunately, the Olofsson surname and the Ostrom surname does not appear on the Emigrant CD per SWEDEN-L@rootsweb.com.  

Could someone who has access to the records at Kläppe help me determine what ship and port the family left Sweden from bound for North America in 1901?

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna