ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Nilson Högby 1893.  (läst 476 gånger)

2000-02-03, 20:38
läst 476 gånger

Utloggad Inge Ledje

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 820
  • Senast inloggad: 2017-09-23, 22:39
    • Visa profil
I got this request yesterday. Does anybody have any proposal, please put in an answer here or send a mail.

Subject:  
         Nilsson Family History
   Date:  
         Tue, 1 Feb 2000 18:46:41 -0500
         Your Name  
     To:  

Hej Inge:
    I noticed your posting of several NILSSON surnames on the
DISBYT and
was wondering if you have any record of a Oskar/Oscar F
Nilsson b: 26 May
1873 in Högby Parish.
This would be my grand father and I would appreciate any
information that
you may have.  He would have left Sweden for the first time
on Sept. 15,
Herb.
Northern Georgia USA

2000-02-19, 17:38
Svar #1

Stefan Karlsson

I also received this question from Herb Norman and have tried to help him find Oskar F. Nilsson, but with no result so far.  

I have searched:
-birth records 1873 for Högby (Öland), Högby (Östergötland) and Högsby (Småland),
-list of removals (utflyttningslängd) 1893 for Högby (Öland), Böda (Öland), Källa (Öland), Högby (Östergötland) and Högsby (Småland)
but not found any matching person.

The information I have got from Herb is the following (from the Emigranten CD and family records):

Förnamn:              Oskar
Efternamn:            Nilsson/ Nelson        Born 26 May 1873 believed to be in Kalmar Län.
Ålder:                   20 år    Kon:  M
Församling:           Högby    Län:  H
Utresehamn:          Göteborg
Utvandrdag:          1893 09 15
Destination:           Centerville
Källkod:                52:233:58472

He became a US Citizen on April 9, 1900 in Iron Mountain, Michigan. He returned to Sweden over a dozen times and married in Sweden in 1907.  He brought his family of five to the US in 1918.  They are only listed as leaving Amerika as they all were US Citizens by virtue of Marriage and Birth. I have spent about four hours going over the husförslängd for 1881-1894 and could not find him.

Herb is primarily looking for Oskar F. Nilsson's birth place in 1873 and wherefrom he emigrated in 1893. Maybe Sam Blixt, with access to the PLF database can help?

2000-02-20, 12:14
Svar #2

Utloggad Sam Blixt

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6336
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-04-23, 20:37
    • Visa profil
    • samblixt.se
In the database of PLF there is an Oscar Nicolaus, b. 1873, July 2, the father is Nils Andersson and mother Cajsa Sofia Johansdotter.

The parish is Borgholm, but it is not far away from Högby.

I hope you will check this information in other records.

Regards/Sam Blixt/PLF/Oskarshamn

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna