ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: John August Nelson b ca 1857 possibly Kisa Ostergotland  (läst 368 gånger)

2000-03-26, 23:07
läst 368 gånger

Kandi Stark Reeder

My great grandfather came from Sweden when he was about 18 ca 1875, family Tradition says with his brother possible destination Minnesota.  His marriage license to my great grandmother in Louisa Co Iowa says his parents names were Carry Casten and August Nelson.  Witnesses to the marriage were Albert A Casten and Sophia Casten, possible relatives?   He later brought other members of his family over to the USA and his mother Callie Nelson b.9-17-1828/d.3-28-1902 and brother Gustaf Nelson b. Feb.1868 are buried in a Louisa co Cemetery.  Apparently his mother came over after his fathers death, probably in the 1880's.   The only place I have heard or seen mentioned is Kisa. I know the information is sparse but can anyone give me some clues on where else to look?  I don't understand why he didn't have the normal naming pattern either.  He seems to have been named the Same as his father??

2000-03-27, 00:23
Svar #1

Roland Johansson

In September 8 1876 this family from Kisa parish in Östergötland emigrated via Göteborg port to Burlington, no state mentioned:
Lina C Casten, age 48, and her children
August, 18
Christina, 14
Johanna, 10
Gustaf, 8
Anna, 2
Ref. code on Emigranten CD: 10:481:11508  

Mother's original first name should have been Carolina, first shortened to Lina, and then (in the US) to Carry or Callie.  

Trivia: Kisa is pronounced like cheesah in English, stress on first syllable.

2000-03-28, 18:45
Svar #2

Kandi Stark Reeder

Thank you, this might be the clue I need to continue with this family.  I appreciate the time you spent to answer. Burlington Iowa is in the county south of Louisa Co.  The family stories passed down seem to be a little incorrect but that's not really a surprise, just all I had to work with.  Thanks again

2000-10-28, 04:38
Svar #3

Kandi

Would a birthdate for (John)August Nelson of November 20, 1858 help me pinpoint this?  That is the birthdate given on his death record.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna