ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Gustaf Liljedal - Derek Ward  (läst 359 gånger)

2000-03-07, 22:32
läst 359 gånger

derek ward

I am looking for any brothers, sisters, neices, nephews or other descandants of GUSTAF LILENDAL (or Liljedal, Liljendahl) who was amerchant seaman in Govan, Glasgow in 1909 when he married Christina Morrison from Stornoway> From the marriage certificate Gustaf was born around 1872 and his parents were GUSTAF Liljendal - a butcher, and Amanda Liljendal (nee JONSON). Both parents died before the marriage in 1909. Any help on searching for this would be very welcome.

2000-03-08, 00:17
Svar #1

Utloggad Tord Påhlman

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 2085
  • Senast inloggad: 2017-11-13, 21:51
    • Visa profil
Do you have any idea about in which parish he was born? If not, it could be difficult to trace him.

2000-03-08, 21:30
Svar #2

Utloggad Bibi Gustafson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 213
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-03-01, 22:30
    • Visa profil
Derek: As he was a merchant seaman you might be able to trace him that way. Most sailors had a sailor's book with name etc of all the vessels they had worked on. Do you happen to have that? There are also sailor houses (sjömanshus) in most major Swedish ports and they kept records of all sailors signing on from that port.

Best regards,
Bibi

2000-03-08, 23:18
Svar #3

derek ward

Bibi and Tord many thanks for answering my query. The only way I think now is to hope that he transferred to the Scottish Crew Lists and those are held in PRO Kew and in Canada (of all places). These Crew Lists give date and place of birth. I will have to start after his marriage date in 1909 in Glasgow. It is going to be a long trek. Apart from that I may write to some Liljedal families from the phone books.  
Thanks again  
Derek

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna