ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Claus Alfred Hadlund & Matilda Sofia Sandberg  (läst 640 gånger)

2000-06-26, 07:07
läst 640 gånger

Mark Hadlund

One of my major stumbling blocks is the Hadlund side of the family. I have no idea where my great-grandparents come from, other than Sweden.
Claus Alfred Hadlund, b. 11 March 1865, d. 5 March  1951 in Council Bluffs, Pottawattamie County, Iowa. His parents are John Elison Hadlund and Mary  Katherine Peterson.
Matilda Sofia Sandberg, b. 9 Oct. 1859, d. 24 March 1942 in Council Bluffs. Her parents are John  Sandberg and Mongas Gustva (this may not be correct but is the name listed on the marriage certifiate and in the 1925 Census).
They came to the United States in 1888 and were married in 1890.

2000-06-26, 11:09
Svar #1

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
There is in the database Emigranten one Matilda Sandberg, age 29, who left from Vetlanda in Jönköping county on 1888 July 6, with a ticket for New York.

She might be the one you are looking for, further research into the church records of Vetland will confirm or not, that this woman was born on the date you mention.

There is no Claes/Klas etc Hedlund emigrating in 1888. Hedlund is the probable Swedish spelling of your name.

2000-06-26, 13:13
Svar #2

Utloggad Sam Blixt

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6336
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-04-23, 20:37
    • Visa profil
    • samblixt.se
In the database of PLF I found that the parents of Mathilda Josefina Sandberg was Johan Magnus Sandberg and his wife Gustafva Magnisdotter, the mother was 25 years old and they lived in Månstorp, Vetlanda.  

They had 1858, May 28, got a daughter with the same name in Fageräng, Vetlanda. That means that she have died very young.

Regards/Sam Blixt/PLF/Oskarshamn

2000-06-26, 17:11
Svar #3

Roland Johansson

More from Emigranten:
C A Hedlund, age 17, male, from Falun parish in Dalarna province. Left Sweden (Göteborg harbour) 28 April 1882, destination Ridgeway. State not mentioned.

2000-07-24, 07:37
Svar #4

Mark Hadlund

I thank everyone for their input, but I'm no closer to breaking through my brick walls. My uncle has done some research into our family. Hadlund is a variation of Hedlund. plus family lore says that great-grandfather's name was Peterson (?) and he changed his name to Hadlund because there were too many Petersons (?) on the ship. And no, I don't know how it is spelled :-D. We are also related to the Lindquists.
While doing some research, I discovered the possibility of Hadlund's living in Sweden in the 15th and 16th centruies, but the person who posted the information had no documentation to back up his claims. Nuts!

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna