ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: AUGUST&ELIZABETH LARSON/LIDBLOM  (läst 408 gånger)

2000-06-26, 02:11
läst 408 gånger

Utloggad Marcia Johnson

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 14
  • Senast inloggad: 2014-02-25, 17:44
    • Visa profil
AUGUST (b. 5 January 1834) AND ELIZABETH LARSON (b. 7 August 1837) (later changed last name to LIDBLOM) emigrated from Sweden in 1881-83 to Red Wing, Minnesota along with the following children:

Adolph; Augusta; Gustaf; Hilma; Carolina; Hulda

I do not know what part of Sweden they came from. Would the name Lidblom be a farm name or maybe a military name? Is Lidblom a common name?

Thank you for any advice in researching this family.

2000-06-26, 10:05
Svar #1

Carl Szabad

Marcia! I guess the family came from Frändefors about 60 miles NE of Göteborg, the city from where most emigrants left. The sisters Laura Lidblom (22 years) and Emilia Augusta (18 years) left 6 June 1884 with destination Red Wing. August Larsson emigrated alone 9 June 1881 from Malmö with destination New York. All of them came from the parish of Frändefors. Unfortunetly I have not found the other people mentioned. If you gave their time of birth it might be easier.

The surname of Lidblom is uncommon in Sweden but not unique. It is probably built from a place by the name Lid-something. On the CD with the 1.3 million emigrants there were only four with that name, but two of them from another part of Sweden.

2000-06-29, 03:30
Svar #2

Utloggad Marcia Johnson

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 14
  • Senast inloggad: 2014-02-25, 17:44
    • Visa profil
Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply to my inquiry. I suspected August came at a different time. Here is information I have:

Spouse-Elizabeth Andersdatter (born 7 August 1837); Children: Adolph (b. abt. 1866); Augusta (b. abt. 1868); Gustaf (b. 31 October 1871(Gustaf is my husband's great grandfather);Hilma (b. abt. 1878); Caroline/Hilda (2 September 1874); and Hulda (b. abt. 1881).

Several sources gave the year of 1883 for emigration. In my research I have not run across the names of the two Lidblom ladies who came in 1884 - yet. I will have to add them to my research.

Thank you so much for your help. This family has been a challenging (but fun) project. Your help is much appreciated.

Marcia

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna