ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Svedberg to South Dakota 1864  (läst 1469 gånger)

2006-04-02, 03:46
läst 1469 gånger

Jamie Milne Swedburg

My great-great grandfather was known as Lori Swedburg to my family, but records list him as Louie, Louras and Lars Augustus - Swedberg and Svedberg. He and his wife Anna Erikson migrated to South Dakota (S.D.)in 1864. Ship/passenger's lists are rare in 1864 - due to the Civil War. They had 6 children in Clay County, S.D. One was my great grandfather Fred Oscar Swedburg. They all moved to Saskatchewan Canada in 1906. I have read about Swedish surnames, and have found Svedbergs in Dalarna, Blekinge, Jamtland, etc. I am lost looking for any clues to Swedish records.

Thanks,
Jamie Milne (Swedburg)
Minneapolis

2006-04-02, 15:22
Svar #1

Utloggad Nils Roos

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 123
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-12, 16:40
    • Visa profil
Lars August Swedberg was born Nov. 13, 1844 in Rättvik parish, Dalarna. He immegrated to U S in 1868. In 1870 he came to Clay County, S D and got a homestead in Garfield tws sec. 8 and 9. He was married Aug. 29, 1874 to Tillas Anna Ersdotter (Anna Erickson) born June 10, 1853 in Gagnef parish, Dalarna.  
It?s a biographie written about the Sweds who settled in Clay County. Your ancestors are mentioned in that book.

You can contact:
Dalesburg Scandinavian Association
30595 University Road
Vermillion S D 57069-6507

I?m involved in a project dokumenting the emigration from Gagnef to USA in a book. I?m writing about the Gagnefemigrants comming to Clay County. I have written about your great great grandmother Tillas Anna Ersdotters family in the book.

/Nils Roos

2006-04-03, 00:42
Svar #2

Jamie Milne Swedburg

Thanks so much Nils! I am so happy to have your quick response. My uncle has the book you mentioned, but no one in my family knew that Lars Augustus Swedberg was the same as Lori, and my grandmother had the wrong arrival date. I will contact him and the Dalesburg group.
I would love to learn more about Lars, Anna and their families. I hope to hear more about your book as well.

Thanks again,

Jamie Milne (Swedberg)

2006-04-03, 07:02
Svar #3

Utloggad Thomas Vikander

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 297
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-06-11, 05:22
    • Visa profil
Jamie and Nils,

Regarding the Svedbergs in Saskatchewan:

Perhaps you are already aware that by entering Swedburg as well as Swedberg at

http://www.ourroots.ca/e/search.aspx

and setting the search engine for text you will get dozens of entries, family histories, photos for this clan and maybe another one, also originally, from Dalarna.

2006-04-04, 21:05
Svar #4

Jamie Milne Swedburg

Thomas,
I had stumbled on www.ourroots.ca but didn't know how to search to get useful information. (seems obvious now.)  

I am originally from Saskatchewan - my grandfather Emery was Fred's son. I did find my grandparents and several great-aunts & uncles mentioned, along with a few names and dates I did not have!

Thanks,  
Jamie Milne (Swedburg)  
Minneapolis

2006-04-04, 21:12
Svar #5

Jamie Milne Swedburg

Nils,
When is your Gagnef to Clay County book going to be available? Will it be in English as well as Swedish?
Jamie Milne (Swedburg)

2006-04-18, 07:40
Svar #6

Jamie Milne Swedberg

I have bought and read most of the Swedes who settled in Clay County My relatives are:

Olof Erickson, b. Apr 13, 1830 Gagnef parish, Dalarna, Sweden; d Apr 1917 Canada. He married Christina Bloom, b Jun 24, 1828 Gagnef parish, Dalarna, Sweden, d Mar 11, 1903, daughter of Kerstin Persson.

I would like to learn about the ancestors. Does anyone have information?

Jamie Milne (Swedberg)

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna