ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Spouses Carl Christopher Wass & Christina Wilhelmina Schill  (läst 583 gånger)

2005-03-16, 17:42
läst 583 gånger

Sara Karlsson

Does anyone know what happened to Carl Christopher Wass? Born in Vårdnäs parish in Östergötland's län on March 14, 1857.
In 1879 he married Christina Wilhelmina Schill, born in Vårdnäs on August 13, 1854.

They emigrated to North America from Vårdnäs on April 25, 1880. I don't know the exact date of their departure from Sweden or which boat that took them across the ocean.

I am curious on what happened to the couple in America. Where did they settle? Did they get any children?  

Sincerely,
Sara

2007-05-20, 15:48
Svar #1

sarah

I have found a family that looks promising for you:

In the US Census for 1900, in Center, Saunders, Nebraska is the following:

Carl C. Voss born March 1857 in Sweden
Christina (wife), born August 1854 in Sweden
They arrived in the US in 1880 and are naturalized citizens.
They've had 5 children, all of whom are living.  There are three listed with them on this record:
Clara Voss, born Sept 1889 in Nebraska
Oscar Voss, born April 1892 in Nebraska
Verna (I think) Voss, born Sept 1897 in Nebraska
I would guess that the other two were living as servants/boarders with other families, but I don't have their first names, so it's hard to find them.

There's a military registration card for an Oscar E. Voss, born April 12, 1892 in Lincoln, Nebraska.  The card is dated May 30, 1917 and it was registered in Detroit, Michigan.  I'm not sure if this is the Oscar in the above family, but it might be worth checking out.

Hope this helps!
Lycka till!

Sarah

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna