ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Martina Lindqvist help  (läst 826 gånger)

2007-04-16, 04:42
läst 826 gånger

Steven Lindquist

Hello

Another Question Please.  On the below GID could someone help me decipher what is going on with Martina Lindqvist?  

I know that she had 3 children but what does it mean when it is listed as Botilla and Johanna?  Are they her children or children from a previous marriage of Sven?  Did she remarry in this listing?  Who is in line 1?  would that have been from a different listing...I am trying to figure it out and I am stumped

thanks

GID  1249.70.64300

2007-04-16, 06:51
Svar #1

Utloggad Ingela Martenius

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1489
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-10-25, 18:20
    • Visa profil
It's difficult to tell just from the one Hfl, you really need to follow up both forwards and backwards on all of these people.
But my educated guess is as follows:

Sven Nilsson, born 02 Jan 1821, was widowed 22 Aug 1860 (at a guess, his wife died in childbirth - two years between children), moved to this farm in 1869 bringing his two daughters, Botilla (b. 27 Dec 1856) and Johanna (b. 31 Dec 1858).
At the same time - 1869 - the female farmhand Martina Lindqvist (born 05 Feb 1841) is hired. Martina and Sven are soon an item and are forced to marry 16 Nov 1870 - their first child, Nils Peter, is born already 18 Jan 1871 (i.e. three months after the wedding). The couple then have another child, daughter Anna Sofia, 21 Apr 1874. Then, catastrophy: Sven dies 27 Jul 1875 - and Martina is already pregnant with their third child, daughter Hilda Maria, born posthumously 11 Jan 1876.
Martina certainly doesn't marry in this Hfl; she couldn't marry for a year after her first husband's death.

The column Äktenskap means Marriage; first subcolumn is Gift, Married, the second is Enkling eller Enka, Widower or widow.
Column Flyttat is Migrated - and this column is migrated from, migrated to is on the opposite page, to the very right.
Column Död is Dead.

Enumeration in the Hfl is always in reference to the head of household, which is why the daughters are just given as daughter, it doesn't matter that the mother is their step-mother - if it had been the wife's daughters in a previous marriage they would have been given as wife's daughter (or should have been, some clerics were lazy).

It can safely be assumed that both Sven and his daughters as well as Martina moved in at the same time. The date for moving was 24 Oct - all other dates are very unusual, though they sometimes happen of course. You took up a new tenancy or began a new employment on 01 Nov. The week in between was slankveckan, lean week, when everybody had a vacation but at the same time didn't get paid and were usually not fed either.
Martina started out as a female farmhand and was later promoted to wife, because she appears twice on the page, with dates fitting all events. When she is moved up to wife, the Migrating column says from below (Nedans.).

Anders Johansson isn't really connected with the Sven-and-Martina family. He's just a man they share their farm, and perhaps their house, with. He moved in in 1863 and moves out in 1873.

Ingela

2007-04-16, 07:02
Svar #2

Steven Lindquist

Ingela

Thank you so much.

2007-04-16, 15:54
Svar #3

Steven Lindquist

Another question on GID 1250.138.34100.  What does N.L. 5297 94 mean?  is it a page number of a different record?  I looked but there wasn't a 5297 perhaps I was in the wrong place?

thanks

2007-04-16, 22:35
Svar #4

Utloggad Ingela Martenius

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1489
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-10-25, 18:20
    • Visa profil
N.L. 5297 94 means:
N.L. is Nya Längden New Ledger
5297 is indeed the page number
94 is 1894, the year they were moved to New Ledger.

Note that the present ledger ends in 1894, so everybody in it was moved to the new one. But I can't find them?! I didn't expect them at Genline, but there's no trace of them at the National Archival Database either...the only possible explanation is that the parish is still holding these old ledgers. You have to contact them, email:
maria.pastorat@svenskakyrkan.se  
You can certainly write in English.

Ingela

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna