ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Landberg emigration to U.S. 1881-2  (läst 1834 gånger)

2005-11-19, 05:11
läst 1834 gånger

scott matheson

My g-grandfather, Carl Landberg, emigrated from Sweden 1881-1882 and ultimately ended up living in Aberdeen, Washington.  Just yesterday I found the World War I draft card of his son Oliver Landberg.  This shows that his father, Carl, was born in Calmer Sweden.  I interpret this to be that the  
person filling this card didn't know how to spell Kalmar.  Can you help me find any type of records for him?  I show that he was born December 28,  

Whatever assistance you can provide will be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Scott Matheson
sayhey4@comcast.net
Seattle WA

2005-11-19, 07:46
Svar #1

Utloggad Sam Blixt

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6336
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-04-23, 20:37
    • Visa profil
    • samblixt.se
Hi Scott,

In the  PLF CD-2 I found following information:

Carl August
Född 28/12 1862 i Kalmar Stadsf (H)

Far
Landberg, P F
Sjöman

Mor
Lundgren, L Ch
35 år
--------------
Källa: Kalmar Stadsfs C:11

Normerade begrepp
Förnamn: Karl August
Moderns förnamn: L. Charlotta
Faderns förnamn: P. F.

and also this

Landberg, Per Fredr.
Lärare
Bötterum , Långemåla

Lundgren, Lovisa Charlotta

Vigda 13/4 1851 i Kalmar Stadsf (H)
--------------
Källa: Kalmar Stadsfs E I:2

Normerade begrepp:
Mannens förnamn: Per Fredrik

Please write again if You dont understand everything.

Regards

Sam

2005-11-19, 09:03
Svar #2

Utloggad Anna Persson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1299
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-06, 11:35
    • Visa profil
Hi Scott,
I found the following:

www.genline.se
GID: 75.151.17300. Page. 10. Parish: Kalmar, Kalmar Stadsförsamling. Volume: AI:67. Type: catechetical record. Year: 1861-1871.

Sailor No. 42. Peter Fredrik Landberg, born 5 April 1827 in Långemåla (?), moved to this parish 1853, (no. 22) from Högsby.
Wife: Lovisa Charl. Lundgren, born 12 March 1827, moved to this parish in 1851 (n:o 15) from Döby (?).
Their Children, all born in Kalmar:
Per Alfred, born 6 May 1851
Axel Herman, born 4 December 1853
Gustaf Engelbert, born 16 May (?) 1856
Hilda Amanda, born 10 May 1858
Johan Fredrik, born 7 September 1860
Carl August, born 28 December 1862
Anna Elise, born 27 January 1865
Augusta Charlotta, born 16 February 1869

-------------------------
Found the following on the CD Swedish population 1890:

Axel Herman Landberg, born 1853 in Kalmar stadsförsamling, Kalmar län, Småland.
Married man, father in the family.
Residing in 1890: Kåkenhusen N:ris 5 and 6, Jakob och Johannes rote 8, Stockholms stad, Uppland.
Occupation in 1890: Waiter.
Married to:
Maria Svensson, born 1857 in Högsby, Kalmar län, Småland.
Their children, both born in Stockholm, Stockholms stad:
Oscar Herman Fredrik, born 1886
Sven Axel Richard, born 1888
----------
Gustaf Engelbert Landberg, born 1856 in Kalmar stadsförsamling, Kalmar län, Småland.
Married man, father in the family.
Residing in 1890: Utom Staden N:o 16, Kalmar stadsförsamling, Kalmar län, Småland.
Occupation in 1890: Sea Captain.
Married to:
Johanna Gustava Lindström, born 1857 in Kalmar Stadsförsamling, Kalmar län, Småland.
Their children, both born in Kalmar stadsförsamling:
Anna Lovisa, born 1889
Hulda Gustava, born 1890

Gustafs mother is also living with the family:
Lovisa Charlotta Landberg, born 1827 in Kalmar Stadsförsamling, Kalmar län, Småland. Widow.
----------
Anna Elise Landberg, born 1865 in Kalmar, Kalmar län, Småland.
Unmarried woman, single in the family.
Residing in 1890: Qv. 4 gård 3, Falu Kristine, Kopparberg län, Dalarna.
Occupation in 1890: Assistant Photographer.
Found what COULD be the daughter of Gustaf Engelbert Landberg and Johanna Gustava Lindström on the CD  Swedish death index 1947-2003:
Anna Lovisa, married name Sandberg, born 8 March 1889 in Kalmar, Kalmar län, Småland. Died 19 May 1975. Registered in Kalmar, Kalmar kommun, Kalmar län, Småland. Widow 15 December 1940. Source records: MTL 71/RTB 75.

What you could do to verify that she is the daughter of Gustaf and Johanna is to contact the Regional Archives in Vadstena and ask them to help you out. If you also want to find out if she had any children you can ask them for a copy of her estate inventory, where the children (if any) will be mentioned.
http://www.ra.se/vala/english.html
Emihamn (Emigrant CD):
First name. Carl August
Last name: Landberg
Parish: Kalmar
Title/Note: Painter
Port of departure: Malmö
Date of departure: 25 May 1882
Destination, New York
Source record: 1882:2903:816
Län = County
Församling = Parish
och = and
Stad = City
Kommun = Township
Best regards
Anna

2005-11-19, 16:32
Svar #3

Utloggad Olle Andersson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1081
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-03-22, 19:32
    • Visa profil
Scott & Anna!

Why not check Genline at GID 100008.53.13600

There you have the birth record for Anna Lovisa and the confirmation she indeed is daughter of Sjökapten/Captain at sea Gustaf Engelbert and his wife Johanna Gustafva Lindström

Regards

Olle

2005-11-19, 17:32
Svar #4

Utloggad Olle Andersson

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Scott!

I just sent by direct e-mail some information on now living Sandbergs - found using Census 1970 and http://www.eniro.se.

Best to follow strict rules about not giving information about living persons here...

Olle

2005-11-19, 20:15
Svar #5

scott matheson

To Sam, Anna, and Olle:

Thanks so much for the great deal of info, and for providing it so quickly!  I had read that if I could ever figure out exactly where in Sweden Carl had emigrated from I would be able to knock down a brick wall.  Always excting when you locate real facts.

Carl married another Swedish immigrant named Minnie Miller on June 20, 1893 in Omaha, Nebraska.  He was living in a small town in Iowa called Stanton, which is where my grandmother Rose Landberg Matheson was born May 5, 1894.  I have a copy of their marrige certificate.  It shows Carl's parents, very clearly, as Peter Landberg and Louisa Sundblav.  That was a name I had puzzled over as I couldn't ever find any name like that anywhere.  Any ideas how Lundgren came out Sundblav?  It seems that the clerk writing this down would have asked for the spelling of the name, but maybe not.  

I don't know much about Minnie Miller.  Family records show that she was born December 30, 1865, although the marriage certificate says she was 26.  It shows her parents as Anna Carlson and Peter Munson.  That also has puzzled me because of her family name of Miller.  She also came to America about the same time as Carl, according to U.S. census records.  Possibly they knew each other in the old country?

Is there an easy way to keep going back?  Cab you point me to where I can find parish records?  My understanding is that one can go back several generations through those records for birht, death, and marraige dates.

One last note.  I believe that the Sven Landberg mentioned by Anna above won a gold medal in the 1908 Olympics.  I recall my grandmother telling me about her cousion being in the 1908 Olympics and this is the only Landberg I could find.  Of course just having written that, I am not sure that it was on that side of her family but it seems to fit.

Once again, thanks for all of the help!

Scott

2005-11-19, 22:30
Svar #6

Utloggad Olle Andersson

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Scott!

Just out of curiousity I did check for that gold medal and found it at http://www.databaseolympics.com/players/playerpage.htm?ilkid=LANDBSVE01

Sven Landberg born 12/6 1888 won the gold medal for Sweden in gymnastics.

If you want I can see if I can track down a few generations since I have a Genline subrscription (scanned Churchbooks online). You can always use direct mail.

Have a nice weekend

Olle in Karlstad

2007-06-23, 20:00
Svar #7

Tove Sandberg

Hello everybody!
I just read the discussions about the Landberg family. I was searching for Landberg at google, and surprising got all this informations. Anna Lovisa Landberg is my grandmother. Anna Lovisa was married to Johan Olof Sandberg and their son Lars Olof Sandberg is my father. I have also a brother Gunnar. I was born in May 1953 and I have three sons; Max, Ludvig and Hampus Hedlund.
Gunnar has two daughters Elin and Noa Hensch Sandberg.
Nice to hear from you further

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna