ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Johanna Kristina (Johanna Christina Johnson), arrived U.S late 1844 or early 1845  (läst 686 gånger)

2005-07-22, 00:31
läst 686 gånger

Edwin Earl Brandon

Johanna Kristina, born 5 May 1836 or 1837, said she was born in Gottenburg. I believe she was born in Gothenburg (Goteborg). A Iowa State Census reports she was a resident of Iowa for 11 years in 1856. She left Sweden with her parents and four siblings. I have names & birth dates, but location other than Sweden is missing.
 Erik Johansson, b. 24 Apr 1798, son of Jonas Mansson & Lisa Ericksdotter; Anna Jonsdottor, b. 3 Jul 1802 in Frodinge, Grinderum (unable to locate). She was daughter of Jan Persson and Ingrid Nilsdotter; Johan Peter Erick, b. 21 May 1832; Nils Fredrick Vilhelm, b. 26 Apr 1833; Johanna Kristina, b. 5 May 1837; Emelie Josephina, b. 21 Aug 1840 & Bror Jonas Otto, b. 4 Aug 1844 & christened 8 Aug 1844 in Sweden, but still a baby in arms when he arrived in U.S.

2005-07-22, 02:51
Svar #1

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Edwin,

It seems that you have already seen or had a lookup in Swedish Passenger Arrivals in the United States 1820-1850. That same information (pages 267-268) tells that Erik Johansson was born in Ekornetorp, Frödine Parish (Kalm. = Kalmar län = county).

Since you have the birth parishes of the parents, you can follow them backwards and forwards in time in those records to get the places of birth of the children.  

The Rosenberg cd says that Grinderum is a by = village in Frödinge parish. That is near Vimmerby, famous for being the hometown of the fictional Pippi Longstocking.

Grinderum can be seen on this map of Frödinge and areas around there.

http://www.stadskartan.se/cache/karta.aspx?kartid=1636&cityid=2440&streetid=0

Have you tried using the excellent resources of the Swenson Swedish Immigration Research Center? Their extensive records aren't oniine, so you need to go there to research or pay them to research for you. I've researched there many times and always find good information.

http://www.augustana.edu/swenson/

Judy

2005-07-24, 00:33
Svar #2

Edwin Earl Brandon

Judy:
  Thank you very much. I was working from a Family Group Record sheet that was passed on to me by a 2nd or 3rd cousin. It had no locations other than those noted in my message. Both my grandmother & her younger sister knew Johanna Kristina as thier maternal grandmother (Chistina Johanna (Johnson) Hickenbottom)in Shady Brook, Washington Co., OR prior to 1899. She had some Swedish accent & the quote in my message about her place of birth was from her.
Also she always gave her date of birth as 5 May 1836.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna