ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Jenny Möller  (läst 1307 gånger)

2006-06-11, 11:12
läst 1307 gånger

Utloggad Louise Lindehoff

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 59
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-01-31, 11:39
    • Visa profil
I am looking for a Jenny Möller she left Sweden 1926 late spring or early summer. She went to Boston and got married to K(C)arl-Gösta Meffert that arrived to Boston/Dorchester 1923.  
But she came back to Sweden after about 2 monthes I think, divorced and married again in Sweden. I have found K(C)arl-Gösta at the Ellis Island records but Jenny I have never found?  
1 class  passengers where they not registred in the records at the passenger boats? Is Dorchester a part of Boston?
And what happened to K(C)arl-Gösta Meffert?

Louise

2006-06-11, 21:14
Svar #1

Bo Nordenfors (Nob)

About Dorchester:

Dorchester is Boston's largest neighborhood and also its oldest, founded a few months before the city itself. The neighborhood's historical diversity is exhibited in its architecture, from the old Victorian homes of wealthy Bostonians to the multi-family dwellings of later groups of immigrants. Today, Dorchester retains its diversity. Its main thoroughfare, Dorchester Avenue, connects many close-knit neighborhoods and thriving commercial districts of all kinds. Dorchester is also home to the University of Massachusetts at Boston and the John F. Kennedy Library.

Source:  http://www.cityofboston.gov/neighborhoods/neighborhoods.asp?ID=8

2006-06-11, 21:20
Svar #2

Bo Nordenfors (Nob)

It appeared from Ellis Island that Meffert left a father in Helsinborg. Try to find the estate inventory of the father, perhaps an address to Karl-Gösta has been mentioned. I have searched deaths indexes and Census 1930 for him but in vain.

2006-06-11, 22:55
Svar #3

Utloggad Louise Lindehoff

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 59
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-01-31, 11:39
    • Visa profil
Thank?s Bo for the story about Dorchester I have looked and looked but coldn?t find Dorchester on the map. Tanks to you I now know.
Allso thanks for the tip about the father.
Louise

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna