ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Current Address for Gunnarskog Parish  (läst 1036 gånger)

2007-03-27, 21:13
läst 1036 gånger

Heather Shepard

Hello!
My great great great grandmother, Inga Kajsa Andersdotter, lived at Elofstorpet, Treskog, Gunnarskog, Varmland, Sweden in the 1860's.  I have some family that will be in Karlstad for a few more weeks.  I was wondering if anyone could help me find a current address and phone number for the nearest parish that may be able to help them find the farm our ancestors used to live on?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you so very much.

2007-03-27, 21:44
Svar #1

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
This is contact information, but the records may be in the Regional Archive (Landsarkiv) by now.

Församling (parish):    Gunnarskogs församling  
Webbplats (website):   http://www.svenskakyrkan.se/gunnarskog  
Stift:   Karlstads stift  
E-post (email):   gunnarskogs.pastorat@svenskakyrkan.se  
Postadress (mailing address):   PASTORSEXPEDITIONEN
670 35    GUNNARSKOG  
Besöksadress (visiting? address):   Se (See) postadress  
Telefon (telephone):   0570/320 01  
Fax (fax):   0570/326 60  

This is an archive with those records, I think.  

http://www.ra.se/vla/engelsk.htm

This is a different archive which looks good to me.

http://www.emigrantregistret.s.se/frameset-en.htm

When was Inga Kajsa born? Who were her descendants who lived in Sweden? Perhaps we can get you closer to modern times using various databases, etc.

Elofstorpet is probably the farm but does it still exist? Perhaps Swedes know. Perhaps they can suggest a local historical society.

Treskog is the village. Gunnarskog is the parish. Värmland is the län (county).

This is the section of Anbytarforum for Gunnarskog parish. It is okay to post in English and you are more likely to find people familiar with those locations. Perhaps someone is even a relative of this person's family.

http://aforum.genealogi.se/discus/messages/44/4135.html?1170692793

Judy

2007-03-27, 22:06
Svar #2

Heather Shepard

Hi Judy!
Thank you so much for all the wonderful information and advice.  I will start checking into it right away.  
Inga was born 24 May 1839 in Abborkarnstorp, Traskog, Gunnarskog, Varmland, Sweden.  
I really don't know if the farm is there anymore.  We were hoping they could take some pictures of whatever may still be there.  Thank you again for all your help.  I really appreciate it.
Heather

2007-03-27, 22:25
Svar #3

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
I see that Inga Kajsa emigrated, along with family members. This is on the Emibas CD, made from registrations in the Swedish parish to go to a foreign country.

Gifte dräng is a married farmhand. Hustru is a wife.  Barn is child or children, depending upon the context.

Post 766317

Jonsson, Nils
Gifte dräng (married man)

b. 4/25/1842 in Gräsmark, Värmlands län (Värmland)

Emigrated 6/3/1870
from Treskog, Gunnarskog, Värmlands län (Värmland)
to Nordamerika

0611870058 - Bilaga/ytterligare information finns. Kontakta Emigrantregistret i Karlstad

Source: Household Examination Roll, p. 700

Emibas migration file ID: Gunnarskog S 1870 058

Post 766318

Andersdotter Jonsson, Inga Kajsa
Hustru (married woman)

b. 5/24/1839 in Gunnarskog, Värmlands län (Värmland)

Emigrated 6/3/1870
to Nordamerika

0611870059 - Bilaga/ytterligare information finns. Kontakta Emigrantregistret i Karlstad

Emibas migration file ID: Gunnarskog S 1870 059

Post 766319

Nilsdotter, Ida
Barn (unmarried woman)

b. 3/3/1864 in Gunnarskog, Värmlands län (Värmland)

Emigrated 6/3/1870
to Nordamerika

0611870060 - Bilaga/ytterligare information finns. Kontakta Emigrantregistret i Karlstad

Emibas migration file ID: Gunnarskog S 1870 060

Post 766320

Nilsson, Anders
Barn (unmarried man)

b. 8/6/1866 in Gunnarskog, Värmlands län (Värmland)

Emigrated 6/3/1870
to Nordamerika

0611870061 - Bilaga/ytterligare information finns. Kontakta Emigrantregistret i Karlstad

Emibas migration file ID: Gunnarskog S 1870 061

Post 766321

Nilsson, Nils Johan
Barn (unmarried man)

b. 2/22/1869 in Gunnarskog, Värmlands län (Värmland)

Emigrated 6/3/1870
to Nordamerika

0611870062 - Bilaga/ytterligare information finns. Kontakta Emigrantregistret i Karlstad

Emibas migration file ID: Gunnarskog S 1870 062

Your relatives can find out more, I think, using that number (different for each person) found in 0611870062 - Bilaga/ytterligare information finns. Kontakta Emigrantregistret i Karlstad. I already mentioned that archive which they should contact (kontakta) but here is is again.

http://www.emigrantregistret.s.se/frameset-en.htm  

Treskog is a village. Abborkarnstorp may be a farm. I strongly suggest posting on that section for Gunnarskog and perhaps your relatives will find living relatives or someone with knowledge of these places or even knowledge of historical societies in that area.

Judy

2007-03-27, 22:35
Svar #4

Heather Shepard

Hello Again!
I just sent an e-mail to that e-mail address you listed for Gunnarskog.  I will try posting in the Gunnarskog section as well.  Thank you so very much for the emmigration information and also all the advice.  I really appreciate it!
Heather

2007-03-27, 23:31
Svar #5

Heather Shepard

I must be typing something incorrectly.  I tried to e-mail gunnarskogs.pastorat@svenskakyrkan.se, but I was given the message that the address was invalid.  Did I mix up some of the letters?

Thanks, Heather

2007-03-28, 00:23
Svar #6

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Perhaps the website has the incorrect address, but I have no idea. Ask on the Gunnarskog section of this board.

If you copy/pasted the contact information which I also copy/pasted, it should be correct. (Perhaps there was a temporary glitch. Try sending it again before you worry too much. I've had mails bounce back (not to this address, of course) and I just send them again and they go through.)

I think the older records (from the time period when your ancestors lived there) have already been sent to the landsarkiv, so probably the parish only can provide local information, plus of course your relatives could perhaps make an appointment to see the interior of the church, if (perhaps) it is closed during weekdays.

Judy

2007-03-28, 00:27
Svar #7

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
The parish website has the same email address in a clickable link.

Judy

2007-03-28, 03:59
Svar #8

Heather Shepard

Thank you!  I will keep trying.
Heather

2007-04-02, 15:23
Svar #9

in current rates mortgage

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna