ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Andersson, Emma Nathalia and Anders J. Svensson  (läst 1059 gånger)

2006-08-22, 12:24
läst 1059 gånger

Utloggad Karen Kelsey

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 354
  • Senast inloggad: 2010-11-29, 20:15
    • Visa profil
I soon will visit Ljungby parish, Halland, where my Andersson ancestors lived (Kärret). The father, Anders Johan Svensson, and six of his children emigrated between 1887 and 1890.  I have located three of them in U.S. censuses and archives, and I feel that they all went to Maywood, Illinois (Cook County) first.  However, I have found no information about the father, Anders Johan Svensson or the youngest child, Emma Nathalia Andersdotter, who were the last to emigrate, in June 1890.  I do not know the name of the ship on which they traveled.  Is it possible that they died during their journey here?  I do not have access to the Cook County voters records for the 1890s, so perhaps they would show up there, but the directories from Maywood - where the rest of the family settled - do not mention their names.  The IL death index do not list them, and I do not have access to Ancestry's emigrant database.  Castle Garden (Castle Clinton) lost its contract with the U.S. government to process immigrants in mid-1890, so by the time Anders Svensson and Emma Nathalia landed, they would have come through the Port of New York.  Any idea of what ship they came on, and if they might have died during the journey??

2006-08-22, 13:06
Svar #1

Utloggad Chris Bingefors

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 11832
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-28, 15:20
    • Visa profil
From the Emigranten database, departures from Gothenburg:

Efternamn:   SVENSON
Förnamn:     ANDERS
Ålder:       54            Kön: M
Född: 1835/1836
Församling:  LJUNGBY    Län: N
Titel/Anm:    
Utresehamn:  GÖTEBORG
Utvandrdag:  1890 06 13
Destination: NEW YORK
Medåkande:   NEJ (travels alone, not always correct)
Källkod:     42:274:1997

This source does not give the name of the ship, perhaps the original document does, it is in Lund State Archive.

Arrivals New York:

Name: Anders Svenson  
Arrival Date: 30 Jun 1890  
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1836  
Port of Departure: Liverpool, England and Queenstown, Ireland  
Destination: New York  
Place of Origin: Sweden  
Ship Name: City of Chester  
Port of Arrival: New York  
Line: 1  
Microfilm Serial: M237  
Microfilm Roll: 550  
List Number: 933  
Port Arrival State: New York  
Port Arrival Country: United States  

The next line has another Svenson, aged 19 with two initials, but it says male. I do not know the age of your Anders Svensson, but this may be him

2006-08-23, 01:02
Svar #2

Utloggad Karen Kelsey

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Yes, my Anders Johan Svensson would have been 54 years old when he emigrated.  His daughter was 14 when she left Sweden, but her name should have been Andersdotter or Anderson.  Her brothers and sister took the name of Anderson in the states.
   Thanks for this information.  Now I know that the father arrived in New York.

2006-08-23, 06:21
Svar #3

Utloggad Chris Bingefors

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 11832
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-28, 15:20
    • Visa profil
Karen

Emma Natalia Andersdotter left Ljungby one month before her father (25 april vs 6 june) according to the Emibas records. I have not been able to find her in the Emigranten records of departures. I did not find her with the name of Emma Anderson in Ancstry arrival records.

2006-08-23, 12:04
Svar #4

Utloggad Karen Kelsey

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Thanks for looking!  She'll just be one of my lost ancestors.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna