ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Andersson,Lotten source code: 28:437:2673 for which ship?  (läst 743 gånger)

2006-07-09, 20:45
läst 743 gånger

Ishbel Cormack

Lotten Andersson(Sanna Charlotta Andersdotter) had a ticket for Portland Conn. USA . She left Göteborg April 30,1886. Her source code was 28: 437:2673.I would appreciate knowning what ship Lotten sailed on and if it went directly to USA or if she would change ships in England.

Thank you,
Ishbel

2006-07-09, 23:08
Svar #1

Utloggad Ingela Martenius

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1489
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-10-25, 18:20
    • Visa profil
As far as I know only the Archives are able to tell you the ship's name from the source code. You can contact Landsarkivet i Göteborg (you can write in English), at:
landsarkivet@landsarkivet-goteborg.ra.se

There were no regular shipping lines from Göteborg directly to the States in 1886 (the Swedish America Line started only in 1915). There are plenty of exceptions of course, but normally an emigrant starting out from Göteborg would go on a ship belonging to the Wilson line from Göteborg to Grimsby or Hull and from there take a train to Liverpool, to board one of the great emigrant ships.
Here you can see some of the Wilson line ships:
http://home.swipnet.se/goteborgs-emigranten/fartyg_hamnar/fartyg_sider/fartyg_main.html

Ingela

2006-07-10, 22:50
Svar #2

Ishbel Cormack

Ingela, I will try to contact the archives. Thank you for your advice.
Ishbel

2006-07-13, 10:11
Svar #3

Utloggad Ingemar Henriksson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 135
  • Senast inloggad: 2008-11-08, 17:42
    • Visa profil
Ishbel,

Regarding your question. The Wilson Line ship Orlando left Gothenburg April 30, 1886. Destination Hull, Great Britain.

Ingemar

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna