ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: 1900 Swedish census look-up please!  (läst 815 gånger)

2005-07-05, 21:52
läst 815 gånger

Karin Coy

I am looking for information about my great grandparents and their daughter my grandmother.

My great grandmother, Hilma Petersson, was born November 18, 1864 in Nättraby parish in Malmöhus county. She immigrated to America in 1910.  Would like to find information on her parents also.  

My great grandfather, Magnus Nilsson Fröjd, was born May 1, 1866, I believe in Billinge parish. He immigrated to America in 1909. According to the information I have they were married December 07, 1887 in Billinge.  Would like to find information on his parents also.

My grandmother, Ester F Fröjd, was born March 19, 1897 in Sweden, not sure what parish.  

Would like to know how to request copies of birth certificates and marriage certificates.

Thank you in advance for any and all information you can provide.

2005-07-05, 22:30
Svar #1

Utloggad Carin Olofsson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 5009
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-10, 15:20
    • Visa profil
    • Hembygdshistoria
From the 1900 census:

Name:  Magnus Nilsson Fröjd  
Home parish:  Norra och Södra Vram  
Place:  Lugnet N:o 2  
County:  Malmöhus län  
Birth year:  1866  
Birth parish:  Billinge Malmöhus län  
Profession:  Miner No. 220  
Married

Members of the family:
Magnus Nilsson Fröjd, b. 1866, Miner No. 220
Hilma Petersson, b. 1864 in  
Selma Viktoria Petersson, b. 1887 in Nättraby, Blekinge county (fosterchild)
Nils Lennart, b. 1888, Billinge, Malmöhus county
Edla Josefina, b. 1890, Billinge, Malmöhus county
Ernst Fabian, b. 1892, Billinge, Malmöhus county
Frans Oskar, b. 1894 in Torrlösa, Malmöhus county
Ester Florentina, b. 1897 in Norra Skrävlinge, Malmöhus county

I also looked in the 1890 census, and oddly enough Hilma is said to be married, but not Magnus. They don't seem to live together either.

This is Hilma's family 1890:
(Mother) Petersson, Hilma born 1864 in Nättraby
(Child), Nils Lennart born 1888 in Billinge
(Child), Edla Josefina born 1890 in Billinge

Petersson, Hilma
b. 1864 in Nättraby (Blekinge county, Blekinge)
Wife
married woman, mother in the family
Billinge N:o 17
Billinge (Malmöhus county, Skåne)
Birthplace: Nettraby, Blek. c.

Nilsson Fröjd, Magnus
Artilleryman
b. 1866 in Billinge (Malmöhus county, Skåne)
Unmarried man, alone in the family
Landskrona garnisons
Landskrona garnisonsförs (Malmöhus county, Skåne)
Birthplace: Billinge

2005-07-05, 23:22
Svar #2

Karin Coy

Carin, Thank you so much for this information.

Can you tell my how and where to go to order copies of a birth certificate and a copy of a marriage certificate?  

Also is there somewhere where I can find out what parish Hilma Petersson and Magnus Nilsson Fröjd were married in?

Thanks again!

2005-07-07, 22:36
Svar #3

Utloggad Nils Ottervik

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 398
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-10-18, 12:14
    • Visa profil
    • Anor och Annat
Karin,
In the household books for 1890 none of them are found, not even on the pages referred to in the 1891- book. In that later one they are found living together on Billinge no 17 and married 1887-12-07.
But it also states that she, with children, move to Torrlösa in 1892 separatly without him.
In Torrlösa book of arrivals (1892 #85 and 86), they are below each other but on different documents. He is written as discharged and coming from Landskrona Garrison. She comes from Billinge.
They settle in Ingelstorp.

Hilma Pettersson was, as You know, born in Nättraby (Blekinge). It was 1864-12-18, bapt January 1st 1865.
Father was Båtsman Peter Gustaf Johnsson Netterman and his wife Ingrid Maria Peterdotter living at Nettraby n:r 37.
Peter Gustaf was born 1834-01-08 in Nettraby by Torparen Jonas Pettersson (1792-11-17)and wife Margareta Gustafsdotter (1804-05-25) from Gröndal.

Ingrid Mari Petersdotter was born 1833-05-01 in Ramdala (Blekinge). Unfortunately there is no direct match among the birthrecords and there are multiple Ingrid Maria born that year so more detailed work is required to find her parents.

Please note that some of above dates are from household records, not the actual birthdocuments.

If You want more detailed references or information about relatives, drop me a line.
Nils
Vänliga hälsningar
Nils O

2007-05-11, 05:44
Svar #4

Maureen Brand

I am looking for relatives of my grandparents.  Charles  (Carl) Anderson born Gottenberg, April 21, 1871  to US 1893. He had ten brothers/sisters.  One went to Missouri. Charles settled in MI and WI.
Married  Anna Person Johnson born in Malmo Oct.6, 1881.  Came to US with Mom Christine Person, maybe around 1890. Christine had brothers Nels, Rasmus, George and W.O. to US.  There was Aunt Elna in Malmo.  I have photos of my Grandmother's cousins taken at Otto Ohm Photography, Anna Frankel, and CV Roikjer.  No names of the people.
Any assistance would be so appreciated.  We are having a cousins reunion this summer-the first in 29 years.
Maureen Brand  WI

2007-05-11, 15:44
Svar #5

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Maureen,

Perhaps this is your Carl Andersson. This record comes from the Emibas CD. Emibas was made from registrations in the Swedish parish to go to a foreign country. It is about 75% complete.

Post 706851

Andersson, Carl
Månadskarl (man)

b. 4/21/1871

Emigrated 3/20/1893
from 14 Rote 72, Göteborgs domkyrkoförs, Göteborgs och Bohus län (Västergötland)
to Amerika

Source: Emibas migration file ID: Göteborgs domkyrkoförs O 1893 059

Månadskarl is his occupation.

I think he may be this person in the 1890 Swedish Census CD. This provides a birth parish, so you can use that information to find parents and siblings. Note that he was not born in the city of Göteborg (Gottenberg), although he lived there and left from there.

Post 2686322

Andersson, Carl
Månadskarl

b. 1871 i Malma (Skaraborgs län, Västergötland)

Man, single

15:de Roten N:o 23 B
Göteborgs domkyrkoförs (Göteborgs och Bohus län, Västergötland)

Place of birth (original source): Malma Skb. l.

Perhaps he is this person found on the Emihamn database. Emihamn was made from registrations with Swedish port police before leaving Sweden.

First name: KARL
Last name: ANDERSON
Parish: GÖTEBORG BOHUS (This is not the parish name.)    County: OA (city of Göteborg)
Port: GÖTEBORG
Date: 1893 03 24
Destination: OTTUWA
Fellows: NEJ
Source: 50:293:53126

I don't have time at the moment to deal with the others you mentioned and there is not enough information yet to look for living relatives in the U.S.

Judy

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna