ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Skog Family from Tomelilla  (läst 533 gånger)

2003-03-02, 17:23
läst 533 gånger

Sonya Skoog

Hej,

I am beginning to research my Swedish ancestors and am looking for any help in gathering more information.  I know very little at this point and am not sure how much I have correct.  I want to start with my great grandfather, Olaf Skog (I am guessing on the spelling).  He was probably born around 1860-1870's in Tomelilla in Skane. His brothers were Bengt and Levine and his sister Ida.  Their father was also Olaf (my great great grandfather).  My great great grandfather I believe changed his last name to Skog in the military.  Their name prior to that might have been Olafsson.  Okay, back to my great grandfather.  He came to the United States, I am guessing, in the 1890's.  He went to Wisconsin when he arrived.  He might have been married and had a few children when he moved to the U.S.  Ben (Bengt) and Ida might have been born in Sweden.  I would like to find my great grandfathers date of birth, who he married and when, when he left Sweden, etc.  I know that parish records would help me, but I do not know what parish or parishes are in Tomelilla.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you for your time.
Tack,
Sonya

2003-03-02, 19:21
Svar #1

Utloggad Siv Malmgren

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 140
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-21, 14:15
    • Visa profil
I can help you with one thing. Tryde is the parish you shall search in. Im a little confused about the names Olof had a sister with the name Ida, but he had also a child with the same name. And the same for Bengt? I think you have to do more research in US before you continue in Sweden. I have tried to find them in the census of 1890 in Sweden without luck. Perhaps they already left. What was his wifes name and do you have any birthdate for the children?
Good Luck
Siv

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna