ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Lennstrom, Ellen Marie born January 4, 1878 to Anders Erick and Caroline M. Lennstrom  (läst 1049 gånger)

2003-12-29, 23:30
läst 1049 gånger

Jean Sutter

Left Sweden on Auust 20, 1880 and settled in Chicago.  Other children were Albert Erick born March 2, 1859, Louise born March 13, 1860, Yjalmer, Edward, Hilma and Selma born October 11, 1872, Oscar born about 1877.  Anders Erick died April  19, 1887 and Caroline died May 8, 1894 in Chicago.  Ellen, my Grandmother, married Christian Hansen on October 12, 1900 in Chicago.  She died April 20, 1969 in suburbs of Chicago.  I am searching for Ellen's Birth place, Parish and Swedish Port they departed from and the name of the ship to America.
Any help or clues would be greatly appreciated.  I hope to visit her place of birth some day.
Thank you, Jean Sutter

2003-12-30, 08:27
Svar #1

Utloggad Bo Oscarson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 154
  • Senast inloggad: Aldrig
    • Visa profil
Jean, the emigration dates doesn't fit exactly, but this is what I found.

Karlskoga (T) 1880-08-13 Lennström Albert Erik, Bofors, born 1859-03-02 Köping (H or U)
Left Göteborg 1880-08-20 destination Chicago.

Karlskoga (T) 1881-08-24 Lennström Anders Erik, Millworker, Bofors, born 1831-01-14 Gällersta (T)
Karlskoga (T) 1881-08-24 Lennström Gustaf Edvin, Bofors, born 1862-07-06 Kloster (H or W)
Left Göteborg 1881-06-03 destination Chicago

Karlskoga (T) 1881-08-24 Wretström Karolina Wilhelmina, Millworkers wife, Bofors, born 1837-07-08 Köping (U)
Karlskoga (T) 1881-08-24 Lennström Alfred Edvard, Bofors, born 1865-12-30 Vimmerby (H)
Karlskoga (T) 1881-08-24 Lennström Karl Hjalmar, Bofors, born 1870-09-16 Vimmerby (H)
Karlskoga (T) 1881-08-24 Lennström Hilma Albertina, Bofors, born 1872-10-11 Härnösand (Y)
Karlskoga (T) 1881-08-24 Lennström Oskar Helmer, Bofors, born 1875-04-02 Härnösand (Y)
Karlskoga (T) 1881-08-24 Lennström Elin Maria, Bofors, born 1878-01-04 Piteå (BD)
Karlskoga (T) 1881-08-24 Lennström Hilda Karolina, Bofors, born 1880-01-16 Karlskoga (T)
Left Göteborg 1881-09-16, destination New York.

The family did move around Sweden, from South to North. Also, it seems that Anders Erik and Gustaf Edvin left before the move was reported to the parish and then sent for the rest of the family.

The Emigrant listing for Örebro can be downloaded from http://hem.passagen.se/palmestal/avskrifter/avskrifter_frames.htm
The leaving dates from Göteborg from the CD 'Emigranten'. The ships name is not listed, the normal route was from Göteborg to Hull, England and then from Liverpool to US. Wilson Line steamships 1880/1881 from Göteborg was Orlando, Romeo, Marsdin, Rollo, Hero, Argo, Bravo, Cameo, Domino, Kelso, Pacific, Nero and Otto.

Rgds. Bo.

2003-12-31, 19:54
Svar #2

Jean Suter

Bo,
Thank you, thank you.  I am so thilled to find my family.  The immigration date I had was from a note in a Swedish Bible from Albert Erick to his Mother on his departure from Sweden.  So all of these dates make sense.  I understand that Karlskoga is their Parish and the town/vllage follows their birth dates.  Can you tell me please, is 'Wretstrom' Karolina's maiden name?
I will be happy to supply family information to the City Archives of Orebro and the genealogical societ of Orebro, as requested on their web site.
Thank you again.  My cousin and I will begin to plan our trip to Sweden.  I am looking forward to visiting my Grandmother's homeland.
Jean

2004-01-01, 13:36
Svar #3

Utloggad Bo Oscarson

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Jean,

Yes, Bofors is a part of Karlskoga parish in Örebro County and Wretström was Karolinas maiden name.
Also, the ordinary ships from Göteborg to Hull was for 1880 Orlando and Rollo, for 1881 Orlando and Romeo, the others were extras when needed. Some info about the ships can be found at http://www.theshipslist.com/ships/lines/wilson.html

Bo.

2004-01-02, 23:19
Svar #4

Jean Sutter

Bo,
Thank you again for your help.  Wretstrom was a name that I heard as a child and didn't know that it was a family name.
Do you know if the Provincial Archives respond to inqueries by mail?  Do you have any suggestions on how to obtain Bofors Parish records before our trip to Sweden?  I would like to do as much as possible from this side, so I can just take in your culture and the beautiful scenery.
Thank you again.  Best Regards, Jean

2004-01-03, 23:22
Svar #5

Utloggad Monica Warnstam

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 342
  • Senast inloggad: 2014-03-03, 13:19
    • Visa profil
    • www.warnstam.se
Jean,
try to get in contact with Kjell Nordqvist
 kjell.nordqvist@telia.com

He knows a lot about Karlskoga och emigrants from that region.

Monica

2004-01-03, 23:44
Svar #6

Utloggad Monica Warnstam

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 342
  • Senast inloggad: 2014-03-03, 13:19
    • Visa profil
    • www.warnstam.se

2004-01-04, 08:23
Svar #7

Utloggad Bo Oscarson

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Jean,

In Sweden most records are microfilmed and can be borrowed via Public Libraries and also direct from SVAR, a branch office of the Swedish National Archive. In North America The Swenson Swedish Immigration Research Center in Rock Island, Illinois, handles all requests for Swedish microfiche from SVAR. The Swenson Center can be contacted at   www.augustana.edu/administration/swenson/

The driving distance from Karlskoga in Örebro County to Piteå in Norrbotten County, where your Grandmother was born,  is about 570 miles.

Bo.

2004-01-04, 10:43
Svar #8

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
Jean, through the Mormon Family History Centers you can get access to most Swedish church records, and many other records as well.  

On their web site www.familysearch.com just go to the tab Library and then Family History Library Catalog, chose Place Search and write Karlskoga, and you will get info on various records.

2004-01-05, 03:36
Svar #9

Jean Sutter

Monica,
Thank you so much for the information.  I just sent an email to Kjell Nordqvist via his web site.  It sounds like a great place to visit.

Bo,
Now that you have given me the Parish of my Grandmother's family, I will be able to pursue her roots.  I plan to visit The Swenson Swedish Immigration Research Center, at Augustana College this winter.  I went to the local book store a purchased a large map of Sweden and I can see that it will be a long drive to Pitea.  However, I couldn't find Gallersta on my map.  Has it changed names?
Thank you again for all of your help.

Elisabeth,
I am going to check out a local branch of the Family History Library this week.  Now that I have my familie's Parish, I am confidant that I can make good progress.
Best regards,
Jean

2004-01-06, 00:28
Svar #10

Utloggad Bo Oscarson

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Jean,

Gällersta, about 6 miles South of Örebro City, on the way to Kvarntorp.

Bo.

2004-01-06, 17:45
Svar #11

Jean Sutter

Bo,
Thank you again.  You have been a great help.
I was so excited about finding my family that I didn't realize at first that Louise Lennstrom, Born March 13, 1860 is missing from the group.  My Grandmother told me that Louise raised her from the time she was 10 years old, after her Mother died.  Louise married Olie Carlson and died January 16, 1932.  Please let me know if you run across her in your research.
You also made me realize that my searches for the Lennstroms here in the US were futile because I didn't search with the correct spelling of Lennström.  I didn't know the correct spelling.  This has been quite an education.
I plan a visit tomorrow to the Archives of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.    
Best regards,
Jean

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna