ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Johan Olsson or John Oleson, b. June 26, 1844 (?) in Sweden  (läst 498 gånger)

2003-12-06, 12:18
läst 498 gånger

Utloggad Britt Maria Ekstrand

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 617
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-20, 13:03
    • Visa profil
John Olsson died at his home on East Water Street in Northfield, Minnesota, February 9, 1913. In 1873 he married Alice Waller. She died Jan 2, 1890.
Children: Oscar B Olsson, Alice C Olsson and Lillian B Olsson. John Olsson had a brother in Sweden, still alive in 1913.
He came to America in May 1869. He spent nearly 2 years in Red Wing, Minnesota, and then came to Northfield, where he lived for the rest of his life.
John Olsson was a carpenter and helped building the Christdala church near Millersburg, Rice County, Minnesota, 1877-1878.
John Olsson nearly got killed in Northfield when Jesse James and his gang tried to rob the First National Bank there September 7, 1876.

Could anyone tell me when (probably June 26, 1844) and where in Sweden John Olsson was born? Any help would be much appreciated.

John Olsson is listed as John Oleson in the 1880 census. At that time he lived in Northfield, Rice County, Minnesota.

Britt Maria Ekstrand

2003-12-07, 11:55
Svar #1

Utloggad Eva Dahlberg

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 4039
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-12, 18:31
    • Visa profil
Britt Maria, there are 32 Jöns/Johan/Johannes/John/Jonas/Jan with a last name that begins with O (Olsson/Olofsson) on the CD Emigranten that are emigrate in 1869 and are in the age between 20 and 30.

As you have an appromiate date of birth you might ask a lookup on EMIBAS in stead (Emigrantinstitutet).

Hälsningar,
Eva

2003-12-11, 00:16
Svar #2

Chuck Mäki

Hi Britt,
I went to Swenson and searched lst Lutheran [E-16] in Redwing but did not find him in any of the 3 indexes on the microfilm.
Do you think it would be worth looking at the Christdala Church and a neighboring church in Vasa, Minnesota?

Chuck Maki i Rock Island

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna