ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: The Samuel Jonsson - Anna Stina Persdotter Family. Tuna- Kristdala -Misterhult-Hjorted parishes, Småland  (läst 1647 gånger)

2002-05-05, 09:06
läst 1647 gånger

Utloggad Birger Bring

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 145
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-07-14, 18:16
    • Visa profil
The Samuel Jonsson  - Anna Stina Persdotter Family

The previous discussion about this family has been conducted in Swedish. It now proves that the family has members also in the US, so here is a short summary of the discussion so far. Hopefully this will be the starting point for further discussion including our American friends.

Samuel Jonsson is said to be born on July 5, 1782 in Kristdala parish. He can however not be found there on that day.

Samuel married Anna Stina Persdotter on Sept. 30, 1810. Marriage was listed under Misterhult parish. At that time Samuel was said to be from Ishult, Tuna parish and Anna Stina from Maleberg,  

Census in Tuna parish 1822 - 1825 lists the following for Beckeby, Juxtorp:

Samuel Jonsson born in Kristdala 1782, came from Hjorted parish in 1812. Married 1810.
His wife Anna Stina Persdotter born 1782 in Hjorted parish.

Daughter Stina Greta born in Hjorted parish Oct. 7, 1811
Daughter Anna Lotta born May 5, 1815
Daughter Lovisa born Feb. 17, 1820
Son Johan Petter born Oct. 10, 1823

Anna Stina died in Backeby, Tuna parish on June 4, 1838. She was then 55 years old.

On Oct. 16, 1840 Samuel remarried Maja Stina Svensdotter , 48 years old. Both Samuel and Maja Stina came from Backeby.

Samuel died in Backeby on Oct. 14, 1842  

As far as I know it has not yet been possible to trace Samuel's or Anna Stina's parents.  

Birger

2002-05-07, 07:48
Svar #1

ChristiHamblen

The papers I have list Per Svensson b. 6 Apr 1757 and Stina Persdotter b. 2 Mar 1760 as the parents of Anna Stina Persdotter.  Can these be her parents?  Parents of Per Svensson are listed as Sven Nilsson and Anna Bengtsdotter.  Parents of Stina Persdotter are listed as Per Hemmingsson and Elsa Jönsdotter.
I am descended from Samuel Jonsson and Anna Stina Persdotter through their daughter, Lovisa who married Sven Jonsson on 17 Jan 1840.  Then I am descended from two of Lovisa and Sven's children, Christina Vilhelmina b. 21 Dec 1840 who married Andreas Wänn and Anna Lovisa who married Karl Johan Petersson.  Christina and Andreas' son Axel Reinhold Wann married Anna and Karl's daughter, Anna Emilia.  As you can see, Axel and Anna are first cousins.  Axel and Anna are my G-Granparents through their son Conrad, his son Allen to me, Christi Wann Hamblen.
Another of Anna Stina and Samuel Jonsson's daughters has descendants here in the United States also...Anna Lotta married Peter Svensson, their daughter Lovisa Vilhelmina came to the United States with her husband and four daughters.
Anna Stina and Samuel Jonsson's daughter Lovisa had two children who came to the United States:  Christina Vilhelmina with husband Andreas (Anders) Wänn and Sven Otto Svensson (Swanson in U.S.) who married Emma Clarissa Bergstrom.  One of Christina Vilhelmina and Sven Otto's sisters, Anna Lovisa had several children who came to the U.S.:  Anna Emilia (my Gr-Grandmother) came with her sister, Clara Sofia, Karl Ossian Karlsson (Carlson in U.S.), Gustav Conrad Karlson (Carlson in U.S.), and Karl Johan Emil Karlsson (Carlson in U.S.).
I am very happy to meet relatives and share information!  Thank you, Birger Bring for sharing this site with me!
Christi Wann Hamblen
Tucson, Arizona USA

2002-05-07, 14:27
Svar #2

Ilene Swenson

I am also descended from Samuel Johnson and Anna Stina Persdotter through their daughter , Lovissa who married Sven Jonsson on Jan 17 1840. Christina and Andreas son Carl Johan was my grandfather, his daughter Florence Wann(Swenson) my mother. The oldest in the family of Carl Johan,Reynold Vann and wife Dorothy  visited Sweden in 1978. Dorothy and Reynold visited Landsarkivet, Vadstena in search for history of Samuel Jonsson and Anna Stina Persdotter. The researcher told them it would take a month or two, if at all to locate any history. I was hoping that times had changed. Dorothy and Reynold were told that a search of surrounding parishes may find history, is this true?

2002-05-08, 07:22
Svar #3

Christi Hamblen

Looks like the info I have for Anna Stina is incorrect as this is the Anna Stina who died in 1809!  Saturday, May 11 is Genealogy Day in Hjorted at the parish house.  Maybe someone will be lucky enough to find the right Anna Stina!  I'm still wondering if Anna Stina was born in Krisdala?  Although, I think Birger Bring already checked Kristdala and did not find her record?  She may have been born in 1780 instead of 1782.

2002-05-08, 07:37
Svar #4

Utloggad Lena Lindqvist

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 211
  • Senast inloggad: 2010-08-06, 14:55
    • Visa profil
My brother-in-law Peter Edvinsson is also descended from Samuel Jonsson and Anna Stina Persdotter through their daughter Lovisa who married Sven Jonsson in 1840. Their daughter Anna Lovisa who married Carl Johan Pettersson is his GGrandmother and their daughter Hilma Charlotta is his mother?s mother.
There is an Anna Stina born in Hjorted, oct 1782 with parents Per Svensson and Stina Persdotter. But she is not the right one. After many hours of research when I thought I had found many of her ancestors, I found her dead. She died 1809 in Hjorted, unmarried.

2002-05-09, 07:49
Svar #6

Utloggad Lena Lindqvist

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil

2002-05-09, 14:03
Svar #7

Utloggad Birger Bring

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Lena,

Does Måleberg still exist? On the map I can find several other places I Misterhult parish with similar names like Målehult, Målbäcken and Målehorva but not Måleberg.

2002-05-11, 09:29
Svar #8

Utloggad Birger Bring

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Christi,

Who did emigrate? Did Christina Vilhelmina and Anna Lovisa both go?

In Tuna parish history book there is a list of hundreds people who emigrated. In 1896 there is listed Anna Lovisa Svensdotter from Gustafstorp, Tuna parish. Could it be her?

Birger

2002-05-11, 18:51
Svar #9

Utloggad Lena Lindqvist

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil

2002-05-13, 07:58
Svar #10

Utloggad Lena Lindqvist

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Hi everybody!
It seems that we have found Anna Stina Persdotter!!!!! Not me alone. First with help from Monika Collstam and then Britt Maria Ekstrand.
This is the theory.  
When Stina Greta Samuelsdotter was born in 1811, Hjorted some of the witnesses were Sante Nilsson, Greta Danielsdotter and Ingrid Nilsdotter in Gissebo.
When Lovisa Samuelsdotter was born in 1820, Tuna. Two of the witnesses were Måns Månson and Anna Danielsdotter from Gissebo, Hjorted. This didn?t mean anything at first but now it does.
A week a ago I recieved a mail from Monika Collstam. She wrote that Peter Jansson and Anna Gabrielsson had lived in Måleberg, Misterhult. And Anna Stina came from Måleberg when she married in 1810.  
Anna Gabrielsdotter was born in Hjorted and one of her brothers was Daniel Gabrielsson. This Daniel Gabrielsson lived in Gissebo, he is the husband of Ingrid Nilsdotter and the father of Greta and Anna Danielsdotter, who were witnesses to Anna Stina?s children.
But Peter and Anna were married in Hjorted 1788, six years too late if Anna Stina was born in 1782. Anna was a widow when she married but she didn?t have a daughter Anna Stina with her first husband.
Now I asked Britt Maria Ekstrand for help. She had noticed when Stina Greta Samuelsdotter was born in 1811, Anna Stina?s age was 22. If that is correct. Anna Stina should have been born in 1789 not 1782. And in Hjorted 1789-06-08 we can read Anna Christina, parents Per Jansson and Anna Gabrielsdotter in Rumhult. The same couple, who later lived in Måleberg, Misterhult.

2002-05-18, 07:43
Svar #11

Ruth Swanson Speckels

Lena,

Thanks for the information on solving Anna Stina.  Did her parents stay in Maleberg or did they go back to Hjorted?  Hopefully Samuel Jonsson can be solved also.

I am descended from Samuel Jonsson and Anna Stina Persdotter's daughter Lovisa and Sven Jonsson. Their son Sven Otto Svensson is my GGrandfather. Sven Otto and Emma Bergstrom came to the U.S. on the same boat in 1881. They were married in 1882 in Kansas.

Thanks to Birger for posting the initial information.

2002-05-18, 10:02
Svar #12

Utloggad Lena Lindqvist

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Ruth,

Per Johansson and Anna Gabrielsdotter both died in Måleberg, Misterhult.
Per on 15 Jan 1831 and Anna on 13 March 1830.

2002-05-20, 04:13
Svar #13

Christi Hamblen

Thank you everyone!
Birger, Christina Vilhelmina and Anna Lovisa both came to America.  I will meet one of Anna Lovisa's descendants, Carolyn Murphy in Colorado in July.
I'm so glad that the mystery of our Anna Stina has been solved!

Christi

2002-05-23, 22:21
Svar #14

Utloggad Lena Lindqvist

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Christi,

When did Anna Lovisa Svensdotter emigrate? She married Carl Johan Petersson 1875 in Hjorted and all their children are born in Sweden. Carl Johan died 1915 in Vimmerby, Sweden. Did she emigrate after that?
It seems that 5 of Anna Lovisa?s 7 children emigrated to the United States, Anna Emilia, Klara Sofia, Karl Ossian, Gustav Conrad and Karl Johan Emil. Only two stayed in Sweden Sven Robert and Hilma Charlotta.

Lena

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna